Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heel Cups

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2012, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Heel Cups

I couldnt find anything about this and need an answer.

My podiatrist has me wearing these insoles and they provide so much comfort for me feet. I am going on a vacation and plan to carry on my luggage - are these items allowed?

http://www.muellersportsmed.com/Heel..._Heel_Cups.htm
Old Apr 29, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Stars4SA
I couldnt find anything about this and need an answer.

My podiatrist has me wearing these insoles and they provide so much comfort for me feet. I am going on a vacation and plan to carry on my luggage - are these items allowed?

http://www.muellersportsmed.com/Heel..._Heel_Cups.htm
Yes of course. No problem with these in your hand luggage/checked bags/shoes.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA
As long as inserts have no gel in them, you'll be ok.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by Georgia Peach
As long as inserts have no gel in them, you'll be ok.
Unfortunately I believe they are made of gel, TuliGel to be precise. You might get them past the TSA but to be safe check them; after all you won't be doing much walking on the plane.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 8:30 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving Thread to the Travel Products Forum.
Obscure2K
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:35 pm

Just because it is "Tuligel" doesn't make it a gel.

This http://www.seatguru.com/articles/tsa...ited_items.php says gel shoe inserts aren't permitted. But looking at your link they don't appear to have a gel "packet" in them. If they are each one solid flexible piece then I'm almost certain you'll be fine.
Old May 4, 2012, 7:03 am

I had some that were more solid, left them in my shoes when I removed them, TSA didn't even look at them. Not to say that they wouldn't if there were a more gel like substance in them. But I would say that you are good with the more solid kind.
Old May 4, 2012, 5:26 pm

declare it

if you are worried, just declare it with the TSA people. All you need is a prescription document in your possession. I carry a rather large bottle of saline solution which is only allowed with a prescription contacts or glasses.
Old May 7, 2012, 12:41 am

I travel with heel cups and orthotics all the time. I've probably logged over a hundred flights all over the world in the past few years and never had them questioned ever. I wish I could day that about other harmless things, though.
Old May 8, 2012, 10:13 am

I had a slight pain in my feet a year ago due to hiking and playing soccer. I tried heel cups but I can use them only in my casual shoes not in athletic shoes. I need them only while playing soccer and go for a hike. Any other shoes that might solve this problem?
Old Oct 7, 2012, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by printingray
I had a slight pain in my feet a year ago due to hiking and playing soccer. I tried heel cups but I can use them only in my casual shoes not in athletic shoes. I need them only while playing soccer and go for a hike. Any other shoes that might solve this problem?
May be too late but I cut the Muellers to fit my shoes - yes expensive but it works. I also found that Naturalizer shoes (women) are awesome.

Why dont they work in your athletic shoes?
Old Oct 7, 2012, 6:05 pm
Suspended

Using orthotics is the best solution. If you catch it early on, and have good orthotics, your feet might heel enough to not need any support.
Mine wasn't treated early enough as my HMO doctor didn't think it needed any medical intervention. Consequently, it's gone beyond the point of no return. I can barely stand for a few minutes without being in excruciating pain.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 6:48 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Have you checked out Superfeet?
Eye-wateringly expensive, but very good feedback. Ditto IME.

Last edited by h15t0r1an; Oct 8, 2012 at 1:22 pm
Old Oct 9, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond. American Airlines Platinum, Mariott: Gold. Delta: Gold
My dress shoes have gel in the soles and i have been traveling with them for over a year. (but its built in the shoes)....

......I got these things on sale for like $45 bucks, they lace up so look good with high grade suits (slip-on shoes + very fine grade suits is a "no -no") and they have held up very well, very tough no frills shoes.

I should have bought 10 pairs.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond. American Airlines Platinum, Mariott: Gold. Delta: Gold
....and if you are wondering why i said you shouldn't wear slip ons with high grade sutes my answer is...

"I dont know....but when old italian man in his 70s who runs a very very nice custom suit store (and has most of his life) told me not to wear slip ons with his suits, i assumed there must be something to it. "

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.