Wiki Posts
Search

small complain to my Briggs & Riley

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2011, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BR(Gold),CX(Silver),KLM,UA
small complain to my Briggs & Riley

I flied about 58,000 miles in the past three months which is only part of my flying miles in the past few years.
I used to bring a samsonite black label carry-on 20" with meto all of the world. However, I changed the handle 3 times in 3 years and one wheel broke up last month. After extensive survey here, I bought my first b&r and tumi.

I should be happy with my b&r. But its texture, fineline and parts just do not look like that good as tumi. The tumi looks like something you feel really good by its parts and texture and appearance. But the b&r just does not look that good compared with tumi.

Nevertheless, I trust we should not judge a luggage by its appearance. I hope my b&r will bring me more comfortable experience when traveling.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 2:18 am

Welcome to FT, wjhung!

I own both BR and Tumi. Both are really good. It is a matter of taste which looks better. In performance however, I think the BR may actually be better than Tumi. The warranty certainly is better with BR.

At the rate of your flying you will find out very soon and I look forward to reading your impressions.

Till
Old Jul 8, 2011, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Once I was old enough to pay attention to photographs, one of the very first hobbyist debates I became aware of was "glossy v matte" prints. Some variation of it creeps cropping up in all sort of situations, from computer monitors to hairdos to clothing. This is yet another example. Tumi has gone for the glossy/shiny look; B&R and Red Oxx for the matte/flat. One is not better than the other; it is just preference. Welcome to one of the oldest debates in user preferences!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.