Wiki Posts
Search

Komfort Kollar vs Kiro Pillow vs Embrace Kollar

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2011, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Komfort Kollar vs Kiro Pillow vs Embrace Kollar

I'm ready to buy for my upcoming flight, and I'm leaning towards the Kiro pillow, but would love some input on the manner since the Komfort Kollar seems to be the choice pillow of flyertalk...

Which should I buy?

The Komfort Kollar

The Kiro Pillow

The Embrace Collar.
Old May 8, 2011, 10:22 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
I've been a Komfort Kollar user for many years. My std inflatable "u-shaped" pillow sprung a leak on a flight and one of the f/a's loaned me hers and I was hooked.

I chose the inflatable version vs the memory foam as when deflated and in its pouch, packing it is very simple-just find a spot and slide it in.

There is one caveat that I found however and that is that the back of my neck would get quite sweaty but what i did was just keep a folded bandana in the "packing pouch"* the pillow comes with and lay the bandana over the pillow so it rests between the back of my neck and the pillow and voilla! No more sweating.

I purchased my pillow at magellans.com and they have a great return policy as they will replace it/return it for life for any reason ^ and where I am hard on my pillow, it sprung a leak and one phone call and that was it-they charge you for the new one and credit you back when they receive the old one. The downside is that I think they are not carrying it anymore as I haven't seen it in their catalogue for a while (I think they replaced it with their own memory foam pillow)

Hope this helps and I've also asked one of the moderators to move your post** to the Travel Products forum for perhaps better exposure

*My pouch holds not only the pillow and the bandana I mentioned above but a pair of airplane socks and eye-shades and it takes up no extra room.

**The little red triangle to the lower left of each post is used to report a bad possibly misplaced post
Old May 8, 2011, 10:24 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please follow this thread in the Travel Products Forum.
Thanks...
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old May 8, 2011, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks.

Yeah... I bought one of those huge inflatable cubes last time on my flight from RDU to BRU, and I found that it suffered a leak and became useless....

So I figured I'd give it another go with a collar. (my dog is laughing at me)...

I'm hesitant about the KK since it's inflatable again, but I've heard the foamy collars crush under load?
Old May 8, 2011, 11:50 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by ascensions
Thanks.

Yeah... I bought one of those huge inflatable cubes last time on my flight from RDU to BRU, and I found that it suffered a leak and became useless....

So I figured I'd give it another go with a collar. (my dog is laughing at me)...

I'm hesitant about the KK since it's inflatable again, but I've heard the foamy collars crush under load?
Give Magellan's a call (800# on the website) and see if they still carry the inflatable Komfort Kollar as if they do, like I said above, you can't beat the return/exchange policy,
Old May 10, 2011, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by goalie
Give Magellan's a call (800# on the website) and see if they still carry the inflatable Komfort Kollar as if they do, like I said above, you can't beat the return/exchange policy,
I like the ReLeaf neck rest:
http://www.amazon.com/Caldera-Releaf.../dp/B0027CU1PS

Sure, it's a 'medical device', but it works fantastically as an airplane neck 'pillow'. You can either sleep sitting up, or leaning against the side (if you have a window seat). Either way it keeps your neck straight.
Old May 13, 2011, 11:18 am

Bucky Pillow

The Kollar travel products are awful. They are bulky and not to mention not fashionable at all. I travel with my Minnie and 40 Blinks!
Old May 13, 2011, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Inflatable collars, while saving space in your luggage are generally not as comfortable as gel/foam/bead filled ones. Iusually one carry them onto flights when I must sleep.

The most comfortable one was a very high density foam collar for neck injuries that I got from my Chiropractor friend.
Old May 16, 2011, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Well I bought the Kiro pillows due to their buy one get one 1/2 price deal. About $30 for two. I'll try them out on our JFK to BRU flight next tues and let you know how it goes. I put one on at home and realized I'm going to look like a Shar Pei dog with all my fat and wrinkles bunched up... but if I sleep., it's worth it!
Old May 25, 2011, 12:37 am
Suspended

None of them

I’ve tried the komfort kollar and didn’t work for me, It was extremely suffocating. Horrible idea/design.
I have a huge collection of travel pillows, I travel a lot and it's very important for me to get some rest before my crazy sales meetings. I need to be sharp at all times.....Otherwise I won't eat =/
I found the simple pillow by methodsimple.com and it's by far the best travel pillow I ever had. It keeps my head from falling to the sides, while looking cool and stylish....^
Old Jul 21, 2012, 3:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone know of anything like the Komfort Kollar that's slightly more reliable? I've now had two of them develop a leak after 4 or 5 flights, which is pretty annoying - but when it works the way it stops my head tipping forward is fantastic (and the key to me sleeping OK on overnight flights).
Old Jul 23, 2012, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Probably some feedback in these threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...el-pillow.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...l-pillows.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ht-flight.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...mendation.html

I've used the more standard inflatable neck pillow and so far no leaks. I'd be quite peeved if one I bought started leaking after such few flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.