Travel Rest Travel Pillow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2009, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, too many cruise programs to list

Wondering if anyone has tried out this new pillow design: http://www.travelrest.net/ I'm a leaner when I sleep (normally a side sleeper in bed), and like to hold something. Wondering how comfy this is, easy to set up in standard Y seats, and if it's worth a try?
Old Jun 26, 2009, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, too many cruise programs to list
Hmmm, no one has seen/tried in the wild yet?
Old Jul 2, 2009, 1:13 pm

Programs: United GS 1K, MM; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Plat; SPG Gold
Looks like no one has tried. From the looks, i would say it is a bit big to carry around or inflate. I would be interested to see if anyone has tried this out for real...
Old Jul 2, 2009, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Well, I'm going to try it. I have it on order and we'll see what I think when it gets here. I'm someone who has a lot of trouble sleeping on my back, so if I can use this to lean a bit, I might be able to sleep better in Y (and even the old C seats on UA). Will report back.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 9:14 am

Programs: HH Gold and lowly DL FO
Originally Posted by BurBunny
Well, I'm going to try it. I have it on order and we'll see what I think when it gets here. I'm someone who has a lot of trouble sleeping on my back, so if I can use this to lean a bit, I might be able to sleep better in Y (and even the old C seats on UA). Will report back.
Please report back after you've tried it. I've been eyeing this pillow for a while and have contemplated getting it.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 10:27 am

TravelRest - The Ultimate Travel Pillow

Amber,
I have used this travel pillow and love it. It deflates to a very small size so it fits easily in my purse and is light weight. I've used it about 6 times on flights from SFO to England and absolutely love it. Wouldn't take a long flight without it now. It's versatile in that you can either attach it to the seat back or wear it like a messenger bag (my preferred method). My son also uses it in longer car trips and sleeps much comfortably. I bought it after reading a bunch of reviews about it on Amazon.com. My only complaint about it is that it collects lint easily but just used my lint brush on it occasionally. I bought it on amazon.com but it's also available on www.travelrest.net as there are better discounts for purchasing two or more on that site.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

BHartman, thank you for your review! I've been eyeing it for about 6 months, but pulled the trigger on the order last week. Ordered from eBay as I actually got a better return policy from a vendor there than direct from manufacturer, unfortunately. I think it will arrive Monday/Tuesday (depending on whether the delivery company considers Monday a holiday). Hope I like it as much as you and your son.

Lexi, I'll report back, both preliminary and after next major flights, though that series isn't until August.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 7:09 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion
Hmmm.... I'm intrigued!
Old Jul 7, 2009, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Mine arrived yesterday, but haven't had time to unroll and inflate yet. I will say that I'm pleased with the deflated/rolled size of it.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 9:12 pm

Mine arrived yesterday, but haven't had time to unroll and inflate yet. I will say that I'm pleased with the deflated/rolled size of it.
Just wondering if you've had a chance to road test the pillow yet.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lexi
Just wondering if you've had a chance to road test the pillow yet.
Lexi, my apologies. I took it with me to Italy, but ended up upgrading to C, so didn't have use for it. However, I'll be traveling to BWI next month, don't plan to upgrade, am sitting on the aisle, so will try it out then and report!
Old Sep 14, 2009, 1:56 pm

Lexi, my apologies. I took it with me to Italy, but ended up upgrading to C, so didn't have use for it. However, I'll be traveling to BWI next month, don't plan to upgrade, am sitting on the aisle, so will try it out then and report!
Thanks! I look forward to hearing your review.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 4:09 pm

BurBunny, any update?! This looks intriguing to me as I generally lean against the window to try to sleep in Coach and end up with a headache from the engine vibration.

Love to hear what you think!
Old Dec 23, 2009, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jennj99738
BurBunny, any update?! This looks intriguing to me as I generally lean against the window to try to sleep in Coach and end up with a headache from the engine vibration.

Love to hear what you think!
I'm ashamed to say that I kept getting upgraded on the longer flights the rest of the year, and never felt the need to get it out and try it. I continue to bring it in my carry-on, but it's not yet been used. I'm currently viewing it as my good luck upgrade charm
Old Dec 23, 2009, 4:54 pm

I'm ashamed to say that I kept getting upgraded on the longer flights the rest of the year, and never felt the need to get it out and try it. I continue to bring it in my carry-on, but it's not yet been used. I'm currently viewing it as my good luck upgrade charm
Ha! Here's to your continued good fortune.^ If you ever have the misfortune of riding in the back of the bus, I hope you'll update us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.