Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Power Adapter for LHR/FRA/JNB/Harare, Zimbabwe

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2010, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Power Adapter for LHR/FRA/JNB/Harare, Zimbabwe

If anybody has any suggestions of good adapters, I'd appreciate it! I've got a Samsonite adapter, but it lacks the connections I need.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How much power is there there anyway?
Old Sep 20, 2010, 9:58 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Are you looking for an adapter that will enable your US plugs to be plugged into the sockets in these countries or are you looking for a power converter that will convert the foreign power to 120V 60Hz?

If you are looking for a power plug converter, I recommend the Road Warrier series (http://www.warrior.co.jp/E/products.htm#gocon). There are some US distributors of these products but I don't have that list handy right now.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I need a device that will let me use a charger for an iPhone and a SAT phone.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:52 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, United Mileage Plus and Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
Assuming the charger is dual-voltage / dual-frequency, I travel with one of these and love it:
http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/swiss-tra...-usb-p9025.htm

But perhaps I misunderstood your question?
Old Sep 26, 2010, 11:48 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Any of the multi-country adapters will cover LHR/FRA, or you can easily pickup individual adapters for those countries.

JNB/South Africa uses something that looks a bit like the European plugs, but has much larger pins, and I've never come across a multi-country one that has included this - and even the individual adapters are a little hard to come across (Radio Shack stock them, but my local one didn't have any when I went looking recently. Ended up finding one at Frys)

Can't help you with Zimbabwe. Apparently they use a mix of the UK plugs and Indian ones, but I'm not sure what the mix is.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 2:07 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Take your usual multi-adapter for Europe and you'll need to buy a ZA plug there. (It's actually the old British fuseless plug).

You should find this works in Zim as well - newer places have UK plugs.

Top Tip: Take a power strip with you. 4 outlets from one adapted plug!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.