Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Suggestions for lightweight, softsided, wheelie, hold luggage bag?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestions for lightweight, softsided, wheelie, hold luggage bag?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2010, 5:22 pm

Thats a very good price, good to know Eagle Creek can be sourced in Ireland. I plan to pick an ORV trunk up when I'm in the US in a few weeks.

For future reference, I have used http://www.eaglecreekluggage.co.uk/p...hp?cat=18&pg=2
a few times for folders, cubes and other Eagle Creek accessories. Good, quick service.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 6:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Have a look at Antler's Zero range. I've got the biggest one and it's brilliant - weighs about 3kg empty.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 7:11 pm

Programs: aeroplan E .HH.
UP IN THE AIR?george cloony s BAG?

Ok what was georges 4 wheeled carry on bag ? AA got hi placment. the bag? papa wants a brand new bag to grove allnight long
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

According to this articlehttp://southflorida.bizjournals.com/...wscolumn1.html

all the luggage used in the film is travelpro. I don't know which specific one Clooney used though.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:51 pm

I have seen only extracts of the film so far. There was no 4-wheeler. The 2-wheeler he used does not exist in the TP line-up. It is pieced together from different models. I checked it against their website and analyzed the extracts in pause.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with the OP. It is neither lightweight nor softsided.

Till
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
WOW Till!

You are really precise! I respect you for that.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by oldpenny16
You are really precise! I respect you for that.

Thank you, I am very honored. Somebody else asked that same question and I got curious. So looked it up. Still have to watch the movie, though.

Till
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:48 pm

Programs: Alaska MPVG75, AAdvantage PlatPro, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Has anyone had any experience with EC's Deviate line (unfortunate name)? Is there a reason to pick the ORV trunk over the Ramble?
Old Feb 24, 2010, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

I received my new EC bag today and I'm really impressed with it Looks and feels that it will go the distance but is nice and light at the same time (under 8pounds). It doesn't look quite as deep as my old bag so I'll have to learn to pack less

Was really impressed with the service from 'great outdoors' in Dublin also. Customer service when I ordered it was second to none. When it arrived they rang and organised for it to be sent via courier as I'm about 3hrs from Dublin. The courier (DHL) came to the grand total of 7euro!

Have my next trip in less than 3 weeks and looking forward to showing off my new bag
Old Feb 24, 2010, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by mel.b
I received my new EC bag today and I'm really impressed with it Looks and feels that it will go the distance but is nice and light at the same time (under 8pounds). It doesn't look quite as deep as my old bag so I'll have to learn to pack less

Was really impressed with the service from 'great outdoors' in Dublin also. Customer service when I ordered it was second to none. When it arrived they rang and organised for it to be sent via courier as I'm about 3hrs from Dublin. The courier (DHL) came to the grand total of 7euro!

Have my next trip in less than 3 weeks and looking forward to showing off my new bag
Very nice! Congrats. It's always terrible when you get a new bag and want to try it out but have to wait a while before you travel. Make sure to post a little review of the bag when you used it or even some first impression now.

Till
Old Mar 1, 2010, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Gold
Just to give you guys a heads up- Worldofbags.com has the Eagle Creek ORV 30" Duffel on sale for $200 with free shopping, and you can easily find a coupon online for 10% off.

Eagle Creek ORV Trunk 30 - 30" Wheeled Duffel

Great deal for a bag that's usually $300.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 3:44 pm

Programs: Air Canada Altitude S100k / Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by DeaconFlyer
Just to give you guys a heads up- Worldofbags.com has the Eagle Creek ORV 30" Duffel on sale for $200 with free shopping, and you can easily find a coupon online for 10% off.

Eagle Creek ORV Trunk 30 - 30" Wheeled Duffel

Great deal for a bag that's usually $300.
Your link shows a $300 price...........
Old Mar 24, 2011, 5:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by Always@YVR
Your link shows a $300 price...........
That's because it was a post from over a year ago. @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.