Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

So I got a Scottevest Evolution jacket . . .

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So I got a Scottevest Evolution jacket . . .

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Windbreaker is on sale today, 20% off.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
Cute video on how to use the Scottevest on You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IQCz...layer_embedded

To get the one day 20% sale, go here: http://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/s..._on_sale.shtml

Promo code is PW20 (but does not work on Google checkout).

Last edited by BarbiJKM; Jan 12, 2010 at 11:16 am Reason: add sales link
Old Jan 19, 2010, 12:59 pm

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
Promo code "CESBlogs" is good for 30% off everything. Don't know how long it's good for, but I used it today.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Originally Posted by bdjohns1
Promo code "CESBlogs" is good for 30% off everything. Don't know how long it's good for, but I used it today.
I just tried the code. It worked, but for only 20% ($12 off $60).
Old Jan 20, 2010, 5:47 am

I bought the Signature system and I love it and it is my new every day jacket. I think it is very warm but it is not in the same category as the Arctic Parkas obviously. My only gripe is that the two separate components do not integrate. There are no zippers or snaps to keep them together so it is really not a "system".

Originally Posted by tfar
.... I hear that the construction and material (especially zippers, and those would be used often) are not that great so that a low price point can be met. The jacket ringing problem or me standing at a cash register and looking for my wallet for two minutes is the other point. When I wear a pair of jeans and an ordinary jacket with four pockets I already have to search. So if I triple the pocket count, I might as well forget about it.
I have only had it for a month but I have to search for stuff in it all the time. I usually try to put my cell phone in the same pocket each time but that does not always happen. The worst is when it is ringing at home and I run down the stairs, find the jacket and have to search.

Originally Posted by Sebastian_R
Wow, am very impressed. Quick question: is that actually comfortable? I mean fully loaded? And how on eart do you put a laptop inside? (where? tried to find that on their website but didn't see it).

I know they say 'NoBulge' but does that work?
I put my 10" netbook in it one night while walking around Lisbon. Didn't really feel that weighed down or notice a bulge. Other days I kept a guide book & maps with us in the oversize pocket without a problem. Unless there is something really bulky there is not a lot of bulge.

Keba
Old Jan 20, 2010, 7:20 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
I just got my Scottevest Ultimate Hoodie Fleece and Evolution Travel Jacket and I'm very impressed. I used the 20%-off code CESBlogs. It's good until the end of the month.

The fleece will be perfect for wearing in-flight with a T-shirt or polo underneath. It's very light, but quite warm. 11 pockets including a pair of pen pockets in the chest area where there are another couple that will easily hold my iPhone, reading glasses, and passport. There's an arm pocket that will be good for keeping gum, pills, kleenex, etc easily accessible in-flight. Quality seems quite good.

The Evolution is a medium-weight water-resistant jacket with a removeable hood and sleeves. It's about -5 C (23 F) these days in my part of Canada and when I combine the fleece and jacket I'm plenty warm. The jacket will be great for traveling. It's got all sorts (25) of pockets including inside ones for holding ID, travel docs, cameras, sunglasses, maps, water bottles, multiple gadgets, etc. My biggest gripe so far is the smaller zippers on some of the pockets. Sometimes they don't work as smoothly as I think they should. Maybe they just need a little lubricant. The main zippers work great.

I'm really pleased so far. And, similar to what's been described above, I spent 5 minutes looking for my wallet before I went out yesterday only to finally discover it in one of the jacket pockets.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 12:11 pm

After reading these postings I ordered the Packable Windbreaker by SCOTTEVEST from Magellen's Travel Supplies. With normal shipping I received it in just 2 days. After wearing it a few times, and comparing it to other jackets, I decided it was almost a size too small. Have reordered the next size up.
Magellen's phone rep told me to just return the first purchase when I receive the replacement, no real explanation needed. The jacket itself is exactly what I am looking for in a travel item. Magellen's is selling quality products with quality customer service.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 1:04 pm

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Hyatt
I am thinking of getting a travel vest. Anyone look at competing vests? Curious to know if anyone has opinions of these.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 1:07 pm

I am thinking of getting a travel vest. Anyone look at competing vests? Curious to know if anyone has opinions of these.
I have three Tilley vests of different thicknesses, which I'm very satisfied with. The lightest weight one is particularly handy for hot weather.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 2:47 pm

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Cha-cha-cha
I have three Tilley vests of different thicknesses, which I'm very satisfied with. The lightest weight one is particularly handy for hot weather.
Thanks. Will look into it.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 6:51 pm

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
Originally Posted by Drummer
I just tried the code. It worked, but for only 20% ($12 off $60).
I stand corrected. I can't do math.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 9:51 pm

Hey guys. I'm Scott Jordan, the owner of ScotteVest Travel Clothing. I'll be honest with you: I wasn't familiar with FlyerTalk forums until a couple hours ago. Now that I'm here, I'm thrilled there are so many satisfied ScotteVest users. Contingent on the moderators' approval, I'd like to extend an exclusive discount offer to the folks on the FlyerTalk forums. As a token of my appreciation, I set up a coupon code - FLYER20 - for 20% off anything on the site, one use per user. It expires 01/23/2010 (about 48 hours from now) and does not work with Google Checkout.

Even if you don't use the coupon, I love talking with my customers. If you'd like to talk about my product or ask me how the weather is here in Sun Valley, Idaho, you can reach me on Twitter as ScotteVest. And of course, if you have any questions you can also ask away here; I'll answer as I'm available.

Best Regards,

Scott
http://www.scottevest.com
Old Jan 21, 2010, 8:05 am

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Very good deal on the ScotteVest Tropical Jacket at Magellan's:
http://www.magellans.com/store/Cloth...earME006?Args=
$79.99 instead of $119.50. And discount code FACT will get you another 10% off (worked for me yesterday).
Old Jan 21, 2010, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Originally Posted by SCOTTEVEST
Hey guys. I'm Scott Jordan, the owner of ScotteVest Travel Clothing. I'll be honest with you: I wasn't familiar with FlyerTalk forums until a couple hours ago. Now that I'm here, I'm thrilled there are so many satisfied ScotteVest users. Contingent on the moderators' approval, I'd like to extend an exclusive discount offer to the folks on the FlyerTalk forums. As a token of my appreciation, I set up a coupon code - FLYER20 - for 20% off anything on the site, one use per user. It expires 01/23/2010 (about 48 hours from now) and does not work with Google Checkout.

Even if you don't use the coupon, I love talking with my customers. If you'd like to talk about my product or ask me how the weather is here in Sun Valley, Idaho, you can reach me on Twitter as ScotteVest. And of course, if you have any questions you can also ask away here; I'll answer as I'm available.

Best Regards,

Scott
Welcome to Flyertalk Scott. Good to have you here and keep those discounts coming .
Old Jan 21, 2010, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by SCOTTEVEST

Best Regards,

Scott
Welcome to FT, Scott!

You will find this is about the most discerning traveler community on the net. The criticism you might encounter here may be about the most upfront but also the most constructive. There is a good chance to not only see a lot of products but to make them even better on top of it or bring out products that are "custom tailored" for this kind of market, which is pretty big.

Thanks for the coupon code, too.

Till

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.