Reload this Page >

Reasonable Rimowa Prices?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reasonable Rimowa Prices?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2020, 2:55 pm

Just discovered FlyerTalk, figured I'd share my Rimowa secrets!

I purchased 2 Rimowa bags from therealreal.com. It's a second hand site but they are very clear about the condition of the item - not all bags are in perfect condition, but it's noted in the product description. The ones I purchased were in excellent condition - I got the small carry-on for around $500, it had 1 scuff mark but at the price I thought it was more than fair . You have to sign up to view what Rimowa options they have, but it takes 2 seconds and it's free. The prices are great and the selection changes all the time (I checked it every now and again for 2 months or so before committing).
Old Sep 8, 2020, 10:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver
https://www.lederwaren-weidner.at/en...q=Brand-RIMOWA

Had been waiting for my new cases to arrive before posting this link as I’d never heard of them before and was a bit skeptical about ordering from Austria.

Just purchased an Original Check In L and an Original Cabin and saved a combined 645 on UK retail prices.

Arrived today, everything is completely legit and I’m very very happy.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 8:52 am

For folks in the Netherlands, de Bijenkorf in Rotterdam has a bunch of previous model Topas pieces in the store available for 50% off the older list prices. That discount stacks with the holiday promotions going on now. Was able to pick up a 90L check-in piece today for 350 inclusive of VAT.

I dont believe this inventory is accessible online.
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 6:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Originally Posted by elau1999
Did you mean on how to spot counterfeits? First the keyhole orientation needs to be compared to an original model, that goes for all the qualities. It's not hard to figure out, but some of the top class counterfeits are very hard to spot; the handle is a teller for new models, if the telescoping handle can only adjust to two positions on a new Rimowa, its a counterfeit. If the telescoping handle adjusts to any position, then it is genuine, also loose tolerances are a indication of a counterfeit. What I have observed with Westerners is they tend to be more willing to pay MSRP as a personal anecdote. Do not pay MSRP; that is a rule of thumb. 60% off or more is a good deal, for parallel imports you only pay roughly 30% more than the top grade counterfeit, but you get a product identical to the ones sold in official shops. Many Japanese businessmen know this trick of getting parallel import goods as opposed to buying in-store. Most haven't caught on yet in large numbers.
Conterfiets are easy to find out. Try registering the case for warranty - if it doesn't work, no dice.

As far as I know Alesandre has basically limited distribution to LVMH authorized outlets.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by sunnyb1123
Hey guys, wanted some advice for a first time buyer. I will be trekking throughout Europe in May/June and just wanted to know if Rimowa was overall cheaper in Germany compared to France (specifically Paris).
hi there, travel has finally been restored (not entirely) to my side of the world! I am making a work trip to Paris, London and Frankfurt. For a first-time buyer, can anyone share with me whats a good model (medium sized for check-in) to start with and the best city to get it from with hopefully, optimal savings? 😎 any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!
Old Apr 29, 2022, 12:04 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by JenlyW
hi there, travel has finally been restored (not entirely) to my side of the world! I am making a work trip to Paris, London and Frankfurt. For a first-time buyer, can anyone share with me whats a good model (medium sized for check-in) to start with and the best city to get it from with hopefully, optimal savings? 😎 any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!
You can compare pricing on Rimowas online store for each country.

I went for the Classic Trunk for my checked luggage. If Im going to check a luggage, it might as well be the biggest (volume wise).
Old May 8, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Ambassador

Frankfurt would be the best bet. Although claiming for VAT in Frankfurt would be more challenging compared to Paris, based on my experience last week (the customs lady in CDG didn't check and i only had to scan the VAT refund at the PABLO terminal). If you do manage to head to Munich, there's a shop a Marienplatz that was offering 10% off for Rimowa and additonal discount if u paid in cash. Didn't take the offer up as they didn't have the stealth black Rimowa Hybrid Check in L that I wanted. Would recommend the Rimowa hybrid Check in M model for u.
Old May 8, 2022, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by spikey
Frankfurt would be the best bet. Although claiming for VAT in Frankfurt would be more challenging compared to Paris, based on my experience last week (the customs lady in CDG didn't check and i only had to scan the VAT refund at the PABLO terminal). If you do manage to head to Munich, there's a shop a Marienplatz that was offering 10% off for Rimowa and additonal discount if u paid in cash. Didn't take the offer up as they didn't have the stealth black Rimowa Hybrid Check in L that I wanted. Would recommend the Rimowa hybrid Check in M model for u.
Hi, thanks for your recommendation. The Hybrid Check in M is on my shortlist, probably the black. And unfortunately I am not heading to Munich will be in Frankfurt throughout. I am actually hoping to bring an old luggage to Frankfurt, get the Rimowa and use it right away (the old luggage will be discarded there). Is this allowed or must I show a brand new Rimowa luggage (with price tags intact) at the airport in order to get the VAT refund approved?

Would anyone be able to shed some light on this please? Many thanks!
Old May 9, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: UA Silver; SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum
Hi, thanks for your recommendation. The Hybrid Check in M is on my shortlist, probably the black. And unfortunately I am not heading to Munich… will be in Frankfurt throughout. I am actually hoping to bring an old luggage to Frankfurt, get the Rimowa and use it right away (the old luggage will be discarded there). Is this allowed or must I show a brand new Rimowa luggage (with price tags intact) at the airport in order to get the VAT refund approved?

Would anyone be able to shed some light on this please? Many thanks!
I purchased a Trunk at the Rimowa Store in Frankfurt and had another bag with me when I went to the airport (FRA). I kept the new trunk empty with the tags on it. At the VAT refund counter they barely looked at the new bag and did not open it. Not sure if that helps. I transferred some stuff into it after the VAT refund counter and checked it.
TPACjv likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 9:43 pm

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Has anyone purchased a Rimowa via website called Suchprice?

I am eyeing off Rimowa Essential
The price raises some suspicions, although the reviews I find of it on google say they are legit.

Just thought I'd double check and see what your guys thoughts are.
Old May 31, 2022, 5:56 pm

Just to confirm, I contacted Rimowa about Suchprice, and they've confirmed they do not supply them and are possibly counterfeit/fake
Old Jun 20, 2022, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Was looking at grabbing a Original Checked bag in Europe.

Do the online retailers like Koffer World ever offer added discounts in the summer like they do in December for the holidays?
Old Jun 26, 2022, 8:21 pm

Has anyone got any ideas on what an Essential Cabin S would cost in Frankfurt? They are $1,030AUD in Australia.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 10:43 pm

Don't mean to be a pest, but would anyone have any ideas of prices in Frankfurt/Germany?
Essential Cabin S
Essential Lite Cabin S

Thank you.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: KF Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Titanium
Any ideas of the prices in Istanbul, are prices in LT or EUR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.