Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Entertainment Book...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2009, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, 1MM, Global Entry, UA GLD, TSA PRE
Thumbs up 2010 Entertainment Book...

There are always a few coupons in there for discounts on the airlines, and national chain restaurants. I figure some flyers on here probably use them in their travels.

Anyway, I handle the online marketing for them, and have posted discount codes in the past. This code will be good all year, and the books go down in price starting next month and should continue until about April, little by little.

I figure people on this board can use the product more than most.

2010 Entertainment Book

Cheers
Old Oct 14, 2009, 5:18 am

Programs: LH SEN, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Does it still have AA discount codes?
Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by pvs001d
Does it still have AA discount codes?
Yes, but it is only $10 off per ticket for up to 6 tickets. -- Suzanne
Old Oct 14, 2009, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K: since 2010
Originally Posted by Bonaturtle
I figure people on this board can use the product more than most.
Thanks for posting this!
Some interesting stuff.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

The November offer details were just given to me. It is the following...

November 1-15: $5 off plus Free Shipping
November 16-30: 20% off plus Free Shipping

Same link above, they just update the offer monthly....in other words, make it more attractive to buy.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 7:54 am
Original Poster

The book today with the link above is now $10 Off and Shipping Included...and each additional book is $15 Off.

Cheers
Old Dec 2, 2009, 12:01 am

I got the YVR edition for $15 last year (free shipping) through a code that a coworker gave me so might hold out for that again this year...but in any case, these are a great deal and pay for themselves within 2 redemptions. The YVR version has a Thai restaurant that I go to all the time offering a 2 for 1 deal, plus a few free movie passes, so it definitely earns its keep very quickly. I think you can get some additional online coupons if you login etc., but just keeping the book around will save you money and if you aren't as reluctant to leave your local bubble as I am, you'll try a bunch of new places for cheap. Most restaurant coupons are a 2 for 1 main course (up to a certain value). There's also stuff for the house, car, can't remember what else (just threw the 2009 edition away as they all expire on Nov 1).
Old Dec 2, 2009, 12:43 am
In memoriam

I usually buy the Entertainment book using one of the discount promos. Good value for the free weekend day car rent coupons.

But, I am finding it of less and less overall value. The local book is shrinking. The hotel discounts, in particular, look to be getting of less worth. Maybe its competition from Hotwire and Priceline?

In fact, I was wondering if the printed coupon book biz model is going away.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 2:06 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
good deal

Another couple and us always buy the Entertainment book. It gives us a little 'push' to go out more. And the kids take the chain/fast food coupons. It's always a money saver.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by Bonaturtle
The book today with the link above is now $10 Off and Shipping Included...and each additional book is $15 Off.

Cheers
Sorry to kill your commissions Bonaturtle..........

But I thought I'd share an even better postcard offer I received recently for the 2010 Entertainment Book:

$15-25 off per book AND free Shipping. And additional books are $20-$30 off per book and Free Shipping as well:

www.entertainment.com/getadeal

FWIW, it's $19.99 all-in for the first book. If you order one they will tell you that you can choose any further books for $15 all-in. I normally wait until March to get my Entertainment book for $10 all-in, but for $20 I couldn't pass it up, and for $15 I got a couple extras as presents and one for my upcoming trip to Hawaii (probably will only use a coupon of two out of the Hawaii book, but the savings on those coupons will more than pay for the book). ^
Old Dec 13, 2009, 1:43 pm

Programs: United, Delta, Southwest, AA, IHG, Starwood, Hilton
Yes, now it's down to $19.99 all-in, so I'll probably go ahead. It took longer than usual to get to this point though as they raised the price to $35 this year to start with. A big mistake if you ask me considering my local Citipass book is $20 and my kid's school gets $10 of that---and they feature better restaurants.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 4:01 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
In this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...en-15-all.html there's a link through fatwallet to get $7 cash back on each book on top of the discounts, dropping the first book to $12 and each other one down to $8
Old Dec 14, 2009, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

yes, they have dropped once again, not killing any commission for me. I'll update the link again when the book si 50% off, which will be around March 1st.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 6:23 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Thanks for the links! I just got one.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:14 pm

does anyone know where I can get a Hawaii (and Las Vegas) Entertainment book shipped to Australia? I've been searching for ages, but can't find any that ship to Australia!! I tried ebay, but they were a bit expensive and the shipping costs didn't make it worthwhile. I'd really like to get my hands on these books.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.