Why I love flying, in an image...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why I love flying, in an image...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
Yup. Exactly. It's one of my faves, you saw it before?
I know i have posted it before.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Nope, not mi. I'm not a regular here and in fact haven't been over to the photography forum in months.

Here's one of my part of the world - Denali (6,194m ~ 20,320') taken while flying Alaska Airlines between Fairbanks and Anchorage on a clear day... Although this is only the 113th tallest mountain in the world based upon height above sea level, it has the second highest vertical relief of any mountain on the planet.

Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Nope, not mi. I'm not a regular here and in fact haven't been over to the photography forum in months.

Here's one of my part of the world - Denali (6,194m ~ 20,320') taken while flying Alaska Airlines between Fairbanks and Anchorage on a clear day... Although this is only the 113th tallest mountain in the world based upon height above sea level, it has the second highest vertical relief of any mountain on the planet.

You live in Alaska?! Isn't it too cold there?
I did not find milesAAver award inventory from CCS-ANC. There was one domestic leg missing the pricing i wanted, so i went HNL instead. I have better beaches here, but supposedly April is a good month to visit. I believe April is still super cold in Alaska...

Yeah i know, i think you are the guy who makes the best written trip reports. Seems like you take good photos too.

Denali reminds me of a name from India. Totally the name would fit in India instead of Alaska
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:09 pm

Denali!!!
Of course i heard it. I think there's a North Face jacket called like that!!!
With Venezuelan inmigration forms

Last edited by mvtm; Feb 22, 2012 at 8:22 pm
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:44 pm

Some more:

Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Nice photos ^
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Nice photos ^
+1 ^
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by mvtm
You live in Alaska?! Isn't it too cold there?
Too cold? No more than living around the Caribbean is too hot. In fact, I think it's a lot easier living through an Alaska winter than dealing with a Florida or South Texas summer. Ultimately, it's all about what you're comfortable with. I was raised in Colorado at elevations above 6000' most of my life, often above 8000'. The climate was generally cool and dry. I love dry! Humidity just kills me. Summer temperatures in Alaska's Interior are often in the 70s and 80s and the humidity is relatively low.

In any event, someday soon I will indeed purchase a better camera and then, when I learn how to actually take a decent photograph, (right now all I know is how to point and shoot) I will return to this forum and post the results. Bye now.

Alaska Range in the early summer
Old Feb 23, 2012, 1:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Almost to the runway at ATL on a late summer morning:

Old Feb 23, 2012, 4:22 pm

Programs: Delta Ham Sammich, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold, Chalet Suites Matterhorn
Nice picture. I was looking at the same view just before sunrise this morning, as it lit up pink and blue with alpenglow, while enroute from ANC to SCC. I didn't have a camera with a fast enough speed or enough light gathering to do it justice though.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:38 pm

Wow! These are something spectacular. I love these pictures.
Great Circle Mapper
Old Feb 25, 2012, 4:38 am

Programs: QF, HH
In any event, someday soon I will indeed purchase a better camera and then, when I learn how to actually take a decent photograph, (right now all I know is how to point and shoot) I will return to this forum and post the results. Bye now.

Alaska Range in the early summer
You almost don't need a better camera where you live - Alaskan scenery always looks most beautiful! One day, I plan to go there...
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Alaska does it for me also

Mountains overlooking Hope by Moomba, on Flickr

Canyon Creek Rapids by Moomba, on Flickr

Horse Tail Falls by Moomba, on Flickr

Denali Highway by Moomba, on Flickr
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:02 am

Programs: BA | EK | EY | PK
Thread is getting better and better!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.