Wiki Posts
Search

New overview of the best smartphone cameras

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier 1K
New(ish) overview of the best smartphone cameras

For those of you who don't want to lug anything bigger than a phone around with you:
DPReview recommends: Best smartphone cameras

Last edited by Mikity; Jun 4, 2015 at 6:56 am
Old Jun 4, 2015, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
It's a fine review, but it's not really "new." It's their March review updated to include the Panasonic CM1 hybrid camera/phone. If you read that one and don't care about the new Panny, there's no need to read it again. Otherwise, I concur with Mikity's recommendation.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Efrem
It's a fine review, but it's not really "new."
You are correct. I have edited the title of my post to reflect that fact.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 11:47 am

And it is missing both the LG G4 and Galaxy S6. I think those 2 are both better than then Note 4 camera and maybe even the iPhone 6 Plus.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 6:30 pm

I decided to go with the LG G4 because of the camera. Here are some pictures I took without any editing.

Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Need
I decided to go with the LG G4 because of the camera. Here are some pictures I took without any editing.
Great pictures, but how could you have taken the last, underwater shot?
Old Aug 7, 2015, 3:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Need
And it is missing both the LG G4 and Galaxy S6. I think those 2 are both better than then Note 4 camera and maybe even the iPhone 6 Plus.
I just got an S6 and the picture quality is better than anything I've ever had on a phone before. By far!!!
Old Aug 7, 2015, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by Mikity
Great pictures, but how could you have taken the last, underwater shot?
Oh easily! Monterey Bay Aquarium! LOL It is thru a glass. Actually that picture I could have taken with my previous phone, Note 2. But I could not have taken the first and second pic with the Note 2. On the first one, the Note 2 would not been able to focus only on the close object and blur the background. And on the second pic, it would not have come out at all on the Note 2 because it was too dark. The only light came from the candle and the fiery light jar.

I am taking more and more pics with manual mode in raw. It is just so easy to use on the phone. I could even take pictures of the stars which would have been impossible without manual mode I think. Here is a pic of the big dipper I took above my house.

Old Aug 7, 2015, 6:38 am
Original Poster

I didn't know the G4 could shoot RAW. That's....unusual. But impressive! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.