Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Photography
Reload this Page >

my pic made the finals of the Homeaway Photo Contest

Old Aug 6, 2015, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Hi Everyone, Charlie in Austin here. This is a shameless plea for a moment of your time. I entered a picture of mine from several years ago in the Homeaway “Kids Rule” photo contest. At least, they billed it as a photo contest. My pic was selected as a top-30 finalist, but it turns out, its really more of a cute kid pic contest, or a contest to see which contestant has a larger social media presence – the winner from the top 30 will be determined by which pic gets the most votes. So kind of a bummer, but I still really want to win bc the prize is a $3500 stay at any Homeaway property and with four kids, travel is quite expensive. My pic is the one of the little boy fishing in the Flathead River in Montana. If you like my shot, will you please throw me a vote? I’d also love any critiques you want to leave here. I primarily do botanical fine art photography other than shooting my kids, but this was strictly a vacay pic from about a year after I got my camera. Voting is final by midnight Friday Aug 7th. Some of my friends have had trouble voting from Safari, but it seems to work from phones, iPads, and Explorer on the desktop. If it accepts your vote, it will confirm it took it. You can also go to homeaway’s page on Facebook and find the link there.
Thanks so much! Charlie

http://www.homeaway.com/info/vacatio...tionrevolution

https://www.facebook.com/HomeAway?fref=ts

Last edited by CharlieM6; Aug 6, 2015 at 5:04 pm Reason: added a link
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Where's the pic?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tcook052
Where's the pic?
I included a link to the contest page, but if you mean you couldn't get it to load I am with you, I can't pull it up on safari, can only get it to load from my phone. My kid is the one standing in a river fishing - its about halfway down. Explorer works and apparently so does iPad.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 6:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
This it?

Did cast a ballot as it's a good pic so good luck! ^
Old Aug 7, 2015, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

That's the one! Thank you!
Old Aug 10, 2015, 1:01 pm

Good luck! I'm afraid I saw your post after the voting had ended but I hope you win. Please keep us posted!

Jennifer

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.