The Wildlife/Animal/Nature/Creature Photography Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Wildlife/Animal/Nature/Creature Photography Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2014, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by wpxstar
I miss Africa..
Me too. We've been twice (different parts, with only Johannesburg as overlap) and will definitely be back.

Nice shots, too.
Old May 30, 2014, 5:14 pm

Programs: Delta GM; Fly Clear; Amex Reserve
Originally Posted by ssullivan
Me too. We've been twice (different parts, with only Johannesburg as overlap) and will definitely be back.

Nice shots, too.
From seeing your photos, Tanzania looks like an amazing area for safari. You took excellent shots - the ones with the lion cubs are my favorite. We saw just about everything we wanted to while in Kruger except cubs unfortunately. But what an adventure. Just so fortunate to have those memories. ^
Old May 31, 2014, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Some excellent African safari shots posted up here. I think SA needs to go on the 'to-do' list. Lent my Dad a 500mm to take out there a couple of months back and he had great time (although not with the lens as he is more used to a P+S / bridge camera!)

I have also updated post #2 with a list of all animals posted so far. Interesting to see the variety that has been seen between FT members.
Old May 31, 2014, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

A few birder ones:

Not the most exciting picture, but because it's fairly rare...

Little Bittern
Old May 31, 2014, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Military Macaw (The Canon 7D showing it's poor noise control at high ISO)
Old May 31, 2014, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Laughing (Bahamian) Gull feeding
Old May 31, 2014, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

A wet White-Vented Myna
Old May 31, 2014, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

And a few Olive-backed Sunbirds.

Old May 31, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: Delta GM; Fly Clear; Amex Reserve
Great shots obiterdictum! So many great photos. That white tiger is something else.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 6:10 am

Lions are probably well covered, but this is one of my favorites. Chobe Park, Botswana.

Moray eel, Maldives

Old Jun 2, 2014, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
From seeing your photos, Tanzania looks like an amazing area for safari. You took excellent shots - the ones with the lion cubs are my favorite. We saw just about everything we wanted to while in Kruger except cubs unfortunately. But what an adventure. Just so fortunate to have those memories. ^
Thanks! We've been on safari twice now – once in Namibia (Etosha) and then Tanzania (Tarangire, Ngorongoro Crater, Serengeti, and Lake Manyara) last year. All were great, but Serengeti really is worthy of its reputation as one of the best safari destinations in the world. The parks in Tanzania are a bit more difficult to get to than in some places like South Africa and Namibia. Serengeti is especially the case, as it is close to absolutely nothing, and getting there requires either some fairly long flying in very small aircraft (fine with me), or a lot of driving on unpaved, dusty, and quite rough roads. We opted to fly to Arusha and then have our safari driver take us round trip, through all the parks, and back to the Arusha Airport, but for more money we could have flown one way back from one of the landing strips in Serengeti and avoided the drive back, and skipped Lake Manyara.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mwanza Flat-Headed Rock Agama, Serengeti National Park
Old Jun 2, 2014, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lilac-Breasted Roller, Serengeti National Park
Old Jun 2, 2014, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Great shots obiterdictum! So many great photos. That white tiger is something else.
Thank you wpxstar, would love to end up with shots like yours when eventually do a safari.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ostrich with Babies, Tarangire National Park, Tanzania

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.