Relocation in winter

Old Nov 28, 2008, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Relocation in winter

Am thinking of moving of my dog from sunny Singapore to frosty Shanghai early next year. Is it ok to transport a dog across temperature changes? Not sure if SQ will allow my dog to dress in his Gucci furs as well.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 3:05 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
It's perfectly fine to transport a dog across temperature changes, as long as it complies with the air carrier's policies and requirements. The primary problems occur if the ground temperature is unsuitable for the pet. For example, many airlines restrict shipment of certain (or all) pets in the cargo hold during summer, because the high temperatures can be dangerous for certain breeds.

If you're taking the dog in-cabin, then there's no worry whatsoever. If it goes in the hold, just make sure that it's not the middle of summer when ground temperatures can exceed 100 degrees.

(FWIW, we bring our dogs between the very temperate Bay Area and frosty Lake Tahoe all the time.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.