Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

History of loosing pets in SA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2008, 9:09 am
Original Poster

I am moving to AUS and my two dogs are coming with me. There have been numerous reports of pets being lost and dying. Once while in George, boarding a flight, I watched a simpletin instead of walking it through a cat box to another moron who dropped it and it burst open and on que the cat ran across the parking bay. They spent a good 30 mins chasing the cat.

Now is there much truth to this as I heard from some what reliable people they do go missing.

I know this is very strange but I phoned QF and asked if I buy the entire First Class Cabin can my pets travel with me and my respective family members in it. Understandably they thought I was joking. I am not thou.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 2:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by 747-444
I am moving to AUS and my two dogs are coming with me. There have been numerous reports of pets being lost and dying. Once while in George, boarding a flight, I watched a simpletin instead of walking it through a cat box to another moron who dropped it and it burst open and on que the cat ran across the parking bay. They spent a good 30 mins chasing the cat.

Now is there much truth to this as I heard from some what reliable people they do go missing.

I know this is very strange but I phoned QF and asked if I buy the entire First Class Cabin can my pets travel with me and my respective family members in it. Understandably they thought I was joking. I am not thou.
If you can afford to do that, then call back and talk to a supervisor to see what they say.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kipper
If you can afford to do that, then call back and talk to a supervisor to see what they say.
I have and they keep thinking I am taking the piss, once they 'asked the supervisor' but the answer was still a NO.

GRRRRRRRR.

Moving pets though is more expensive than a Y ticket. 6 of us are flying, excluding pets, so it isn't as if it is for 2 people and 2 dogs.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 5:56 pm

I have and they keep thinking I am taking the piss, once they 'asked the supervisor' but the answer was still a NO.

GRRRRRRRR.

Moving pets though is more expensive than a Y ticket. 6 of us are flying, excluding pets, so it isn't as if it is for 2 people and 2 dogs.
Insist on speaking to a supervisor, or call ther main offices and explain what you'd like to do.

How big are your dogs?
Old Nov 25, 2008, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA, USAir, UA
The words "business jet" come to mind...

Say maybe a Gulfstream...
Old Nov 26, 2008, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mlshanks
The words "business jet" come to mind...

Say maybe a Gulfstream...
There are limited services to charter jets out of South Africa, a Learjet is really starting to push the envelope, not to mention a Gulf Stream and it would require 2-3 stops due to ETOPS.

I have a rough and border collie.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 5:11 am

There are limited services to charter jets out of South Africa, a Learjet is really starting to push the envelope, not to mention a Gulf Stream and it would require 2-3 stops due to ETOPS.

I have a rough and border collie.
Seriously, I'd call the main office and keep pushing until you talk to someone in charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.