Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Asiana or Korean air better for pet travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2015, 12:32 am
Original Poster

I will be taking my small dog in the cabin with me back to America. Has anyone had experience with these airlines and which one would you recommend for in cabin travel? Thanks
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:51 am

I haven't taken a dog in cabin, but we have flown many times with Korean Air with our dog as checked baggage. Although he was quite small at the time, he was still too large for their limits. However, Korean was wonderful for us. I can go into more detail if you're considering checking your dog as baggage.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 3:12 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
That depends on the class of service and the plane type.

If economy, it doesn't really matter. The A380 will provide for a nicer flight experience - spacious cabins, quieter, with better cabin air - so try to select a route operated by that type. AFAIR, Asiana only flies their A380s to LAX while Korean serves more destinations with them. Try to get on the upper deck - there's fewer seats (2-across windows seats!) and the motions of the plane during takeoff/landing and in flight are damped more.

If business class - Asiana's A380. In fact, I wold go out of my way to route on this product with a dog in the cabin.
Not only do they offer single seats without a seatmate (all other options on both airlines have at least seat pairs), the A and K window seats on that aircraft will allow you to put the dog carrier besides the bed in fully extended mode. Select a seat that has the bed next to the aisle (rows 7,9,11 and all even-numbered rows aft of 14) so you can place the carrier between the window and your seat. This allows you to have the animal in view and within reach at all times - even when the seat is in bed mode - with no disturbance from the aisle.
Also, the forward lavatory in the business cabin is very spacious (I'm not suggesting you take the animal out of its carrier, but if you have to that's where to go). 
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:42 am

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond (*G), AA PPro (OWE), Korean Air Skypass MC (STE)
Have flown both Korean and Asiana pets in-cabin and both were equal. Flew narrow-body B737/A321 and wide-body A380 aircraft with both and no dramas. Was in economy each time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.