Another African Airline Buys Boeing...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2005, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: The usual for over 7 Million paid miles flown to date... My first paid flight was on a DC3.

According to TurkishPress.com today... Libyan private carrier signs deal for six Boeing-737s

TRIPOLI, Feb 7 (AFP) - Privately owned Libyan airline Buraq Air signed a deal on Monday to buy six Boeing 737-800s for a price of 366 million dollars, chief executive Mohammed Abdel Aziz said.

The first three planes are due for delivery in the first half of 2006 and will help the airline extend its routes to Europe and the Middle East in competition with state-owned Libyan Arab Airlines, Abdel Aziz said.

Libya's first private airline, Buraq Air currently owns six aircraft and leases another seven. It operates internal flights between the capital and the eastern city of Benghazi.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.