Veterans Say Airlines Mishandling Bodies Of Fallen Soldiers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Veterans Say Airlines Mishandling Bodies Of Fallen Soldiers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2005, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by crank1225
The topic is Northwest Airlines and is of value to to Worldperk members. It is lost in news. Can another moderator look at this and the other recently moved topics.
I agree! ^ ^ ^

This yet another fine example of not being consistent in enforcing the forum rules. Depending on the moderator and who writes the post, will dictate on whether or not a topic is turned out to pasture in the back 40.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 9:24 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
News Stories (Links) belong in the Newsstand

I am not sure if everyone reading this thread has read the sticky thread at the top of the newsstand forum by Richard,who also moderates this forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...eferrerid=9787

Newsstand Exists to post/discuss news articles (with links) to frequent flyer/airline/hotel/security related stories.

When a FTer wants to "check the news" they go to this forum to see what is happening, anything new today, etc.

What sometimes happens is that news articles are posted to the individual airline. hotel, and rental car forum and not posted at Newsstand. This is a problem for the FTers looking for news. News is suppose to be here.

If a story warrants further discussion on an airline, hotel, rental car forum I think a new topic (without the link) should be started.

That is the reasoning behind moving topics to the Newsstand. Please don't read anything more into it. We are just trying to keep topics in the proper forums.

Radiocycle
NWA and Newsstand Moderator
Old Feb 6, 2005, 11:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
So if that's the case, why does it say

These topics are for discussing travel in general, food and drink

under the description for the Travel & Dining forum? I would take that to mean that these forums are here for discussing travel trends, airport security, airliners, etc. that are too general a topic to fit into a specific airline forum.

And from a purely numbers perspective, if every post that contained a news article link were moved to this forum there would be little chance to actually read many of the topics as they would flood the forum. Not to mention the IMHO unneccesary duplication of posting a new article link thread here and then having to go back to your 'home' forum and create another thread referencing the thread in Newsstand.

I can appreciate the fact that from time to time there may be some threads that are much too general in scope to fit in an individual airline forum. Just because an NY Times article mentions NW or HP once may not make it best suited to post it in either of those airline FFP forums. However, the wholesale tranfer of every thread that contains a new article link is too narrow an interpretation of the exisiting FT rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.