Wiki Posts
Search

Continental lays off 12,000 employees

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2001, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM, Delta Gold, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Continental lays off 12,000 employees

HOUSTON, September 15, 2001 -- Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL) announced today that it will immediately reduce its long-term flight schedule by approximately 20 percent on a systemwide available seat mile basis, and will be forced to furlough approximately 12,000 employees in connection with this reduction. These actions are a direct result of the current and anticipated adverse effects on the demand for air travel caused by this week’s terrorist attacks on the United States and the operational and financial costs of dramatically increased security requirements.

Full details at: http://continental.com/dash/build_da..._2001-09-15-01

------------------
You can now check Inventory Availability without a password by fare inventory code at http://flyaow.com/class.htm

Data returned for each flight includes inventory class availability, segment pricing, on-time rating, segment mileage, equipment type and live seat map availability for most airlines worldwide
Old Sep 15, 2001, 11:53 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
I'm not going to deny that this was probably inevitable. However have some compassion for your staff and customers, airline management. Put some time distance between actions such as this and the Attack.

I doubt this airline was going to run out of cash in the next three weeks.
Old Sep 16, 2001, 6:33 am

Others may have seen other figures, but I heard CO have been losing about $US20 million a DAY this week?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.