Why sell the shuttle?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why sell the shuttle?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2001, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Why sell the shuttle?

Can someone explain the business decision on why UA/US are willing to share the shuttle with American? I guess I understand the rest of the deal, selling MD-80's and F100's to AA, having AA help run DC-Air and the other things, but how does UA gain by sharing the shuttle.
Old Jan 8, 2001, 5:25 pm

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.
Prob'ly will help them avoid anti-trust charges when their mergers are reviewed. . . .
Old Jan 8, 2001, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Because the DCA-LGA shuttle is the air transport resource most familiar to members of Congress and Washington agency regulators. And if these worthies see it jointly operated by two megacarriers, they probably won't notice that all passengers west of St. Louis are being taken to the cleaners by a heinous and abusive oligopoly.

[This message has been edited by BearX220 (edited 01-08-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.