Wiki Posts
Search

Buzzfeed: Epic Note-Passing War On A Delayed Thanksgiving Day Flight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2013, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Buzzfeed: Epic Note-Passing War On A Delayed Thanksgiving Day Flight

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrel...-thanksgi?bffb

Cant decide, does the HOLIDAY SEASON bring out the worst or best in Travelers???? Amusing article.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 6:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
What a loser this Elan is. It surprises me that he/she would admit publicly to being such a doosh.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 6:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold,, Marriott Plat
it amazes me how "the Holidays" bring out the worst in people. both of them should have had their turkey in a jail cell.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 8:43 pm

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
Seriously?? Eat my ****?

Come on, Elan is out to make a mockery out of it.. It's a pretty amusing for a bystander though.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 10:18 pm

Programs: American, Delta, Southwest, USAirways, Hilton, Hyatt, Loews, Marriott, Starwood
Elan's final thoughts - http://theyearofelan.tumblr.com/post/68424148654/diane
Old Nov 28, 2013, 10:47 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
What a loser this Elan is. It surprises me that he/she would admit publicly to being such a doosh.
Lighten up. The whole thing is hilarious.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 11:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
^ (at least for those of us with a sense of humor)
Old Nov 28, 2013, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
^ (at least for those of us with a sense of humor)
It was funny, but Elan was being a total $#$%head about it as it was a case of DYKWIA syndrome - no way he would have done that had he not had an "audience" to play to. The flight attendants should be disciplined for encouraging him to antagonize an already upset flyer - not professional.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 3:36 am

Programs: AA 1MM, Hyatt GP Platinum, *wood Gold
Hilarious for those reading about it, not so much if you were on that plane. Glad I had a row to myself Wednesday night, in premium economy (JFK-ZRH, then on to VIE)!
Old Nov 29, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: BA Gold,, Marriott Plat
He writes he had a great time antagonizing her. So this was not a one off let me teach you a lesson but a deliberate attempt to make this persons day worse. Bully syndrome.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 8:58 am

Thumbs up

We have all been on delayed flights. The airlines don't want to delay us, but weather or mechanical issues arise. If Seat 7A who had her private Thanksgiving interrupted due to a delay could not handle the fact that **** happens, she should either never be allowed to travel outside her own living room or leave earlier to ensure you get there on time. How obtuse can this person be ? Self centered, my own world , spoiled piece of work

KUDO's to the gentlemen who wrote the note and did what we all would have wanted to if we were there. I recently flew from LAX to HNL with 3 mothers and 3 spoiled children and a friend who was sitting in coach that couldn't find her seat back there and thought that interrupting everyone else in the First cabin was acceptable. To add insult to injury the one mother would not put her 5 year old back in his seat for landing. The flight attendant could not have been more polite and understanding.

Reluctantly the mother put the child in his seat about 300 feet from landing. SPOILED SELF CENTERED PEOPLE .. Bad behavior should not be rewarded .. GROW UP 7A .. Or DONT FLY …. !!! ^

Grow up. He was telling her to lighten up and GROW Up.. this 7A had it coming for a very long time.. trouble is she'd do it again .. she is self centered and should be banned from traveling as she cannot play well with others…

Last edited by cblaisd; Nov 29, 2013 at 9:22 am Reason: merged poster's two consecutive posts
Old Nov 29, 2013, 9:33 am

"Grow up. He was telling her to lighten up and GROW Up"

The spirit of the notes was funny; the content was juvenile, vulgar, and not acceptable. A generational thing, perhaps, but if suck a body part was the best he could come up with, he is VERY far from being a grown up.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: most of them
I find it's usually best to not antagonize crazy people.

He's as big of a jerk as she is.

How is he tweeting during the flight anyway? I guess maybe the a/c had wifi?
Old Nov 29, 2013, 10:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
I'm a sarcastic person and I find this funny! I wonder if she was a DYKWIA Elite?!

It's funny and ironic, that human beings behave this way during a time of thanks!

Having said that, I would have love to see this in person! Knowing my self, if I was on that plane, I probably would have told her [be quiet] and told him to keep his 4th grade notes to himself.

Last edited by cblaisd; Nov 29, 2013 at 1:10 pm Reason: Redacted per TOS
Old Nov 29, 2013, 11:04 am
Original Poster

QUESTION FOR THE DAY: Did Diane in 7A MISCONNECT?????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.