Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buzzfeed: Epic Note-Passing War On A Delayed Thanksgiving Day Flight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
The notes could have been less vulgar, but well done to this Elan fellow ^

And apparently 7A did indeed misconnect.

Edit: I found his post-flight commentary to be very well put:

I know I can come across as abrasive. I know I can seem harsh. But what I’ve never done is be unkind to a person in a service position.

My first job was in a video store. I rewinded tapes and put them back on the shelves. I was a caterer. I put ravioli into divided plates and cut bagels in half for hours at a time. The difference between someone being nice and someone being mean was the difference in how I felt when I went home that night.

I don’t care what’s going on with you: Don’t be rude to people who are doing their job.

Don’t do it.

Last edited by ExpatExp; Nov 29, 2013 at 11:49 am
Old Nov 29, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond
The question is whether Diane in 7A will learn from the experience and alter her behavior in the future? I doubt it.

To quote George Saunders' commencement address at Syracuse this year: "What I regret most in my life are failures of kindness." Boorish behavior on all fronts, IMO.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by 8080
To quote George Saunders' commencement address at Syracuse this year: "What I regret most in my life are failures of kindness." Boorish behavior on all fronts, IMO.
Well said.^
Old Nov 29, 2013, 2:45 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by ricski64
He writes he had a great time antagonizing her. So this was not a one off let me teach you a lesson but a deliberate attempt to make this persons day worse. Bully syndrome.
The parties involved are two GROWN ADULTS on equal footing (neither was superior to the other). How on earth is anyone bullying anyone?

Last edited by cblaisd; Nov 29, 2013 at 5:16 pm Reason: Overly personalized; please stay civil, thanks.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 2:49 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by sylvia hennesy
"Grow up. He was telling her to lighten up and GROW Up"

The spirit of the notes was funny; the content was juvenile, vulgar, and not acceptable. A generational thing, perhaps, but if suck a body part was the best he could come up with, he is VERY far from being a grown up.
A lot of people are completely missing the irony of his juvenile and vulgar three-word comment...
Old Nov 29, 2013, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by tommyleo
How on earth is anyone bullying anyone?
An argument could easily be made that the passenger in 7A was bullying the flight crew.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by tommyleo
Oh please. You couldn't even define "bully syndrome." You're just tossing around the latest trendy outrage term.

The parties involved are two GROWN ADULTS on equal footing (neither was superior to the other). How on earth is anyone bullying anyone?
Er, one lady's audience was her immediate seatmates. The other was his Twitter audience, which has then gone viral.

Elan was a bully, whether you are capable of seeing the obvious or not.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
An argument could easily be made that the passenger in 7A was bullying the flight crew.
Right In post 9-11 the notion that someone can bully a flight crew is absurd.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 5:08 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Mosaic 3, ⓥ for the animals
I find it interesting that some people think the only acceptable response to seeing someone unjustly bullying another is to do nothing.

Last edited by idayvuelta; Nov 29, 2013 at 9:45 pm Reason: I don't think I understood the assignment.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 5:18 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
All, civil and respectful posts are, as always on FT, encouraged.

The other kinds will get deleted and may cause the thread to be locked.

The thread is teetering...

Thanks,

cblaisd
Moderator, Travel News
Old Nov 29, 2013, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
They're both idiots and I hope ABC decides they don't need this type of publicity attached to them and lets him go.
Cheers
Howie
Old Nov 29, 2013, 6:32 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Please. You can buy US Airways status.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Poor twit is getting very defensive on his twitter account.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 8:10 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Well i hope this elam guy is getting defensive on twitter. He is a bully as clearly his intention was to humiliate this unstable woman online and not just tell her to calm down.

Halfway reading the tweets, my initial response was that this woman would get physically abusive up in the sky and therefore ruin everyone's thanksgiving. Clearly he wasnt thinking of that because his inflated ego was hurt and thus needed to retaliate eith those provoking notes.

I guess no matter how much he has climbed his way up the social ladder these days, clearly class and good breeding cant be bought
Old Nov 29, 2013, 9:13 pm

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
In publicity stunt, Elan Gale fakes in-flight incident on Twitter

(NOTE: post moved from separate forum...)

Elan Gale, producer of the Bachelor etc., seems to have posted a fake encounter with "the woman in 7A" as a publicity stunt to his Twitter account,

then had someone "Astroturf" it on Storify-- note the owner of the Storify account, has been deleting comments that suggest this is a faked incident.

The "do you know who I am" element to the story, plus the lewd/lude comments to the other passenger he claims to have made, plus the feigned super-righeousness -- Mr. Gale, is certainly a class act. Hope I never run into him on Delta.

Last edited by kthomas; Nov 30, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.