Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How An iPad Got A Guy Placed On The No-Fly List

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2010, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

How An iPad Got A Guy Placed On The No-Fly List

Last night, I flew home from Chicago. As the plane taxied the runway, the guy next to me turned on his iPad. By the time we reached LaGuardia, cops were waiting to arrest him. He's now on the no-fly list.

So what happened between Chicago and New York? Well, friends, welcome to the story of the most interesting flight I've ever been on.

From the outset, there was nothing that really marked my fellow passenger (who I'll be calling Mr. No-Fly) as a potential criminal. To the contrary: when he first boarded the plane, I actually liked him. We commiserated about our fellow flyers inability to board the plane in a quick, efficient manner. We talked about the sights of Chicago. Heck, we even discussed our mutual love of dinosaurs!

But as the plane started moving, and he pulled out his iPad, I started to get a bad feeling about things. At first I gave him the benefit of the doubt: who among us hasn't wanted to flout the electronics rule? Who among us really thinks that that one iPad is going to send the plane crashing to its doom? I figured he was just trying get one over on the flight crew, and that, when they inevitably asked him to turn the iPad off, he'd politely honor their request and that would be that.

Boy, was I wrong.

http://jalopnik.com/5672809/how-an-i...he-no+fly-list
Old Oct 26, 2010, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
It wasn't the iPad, it was his attitude that got him in trouble.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 4:29 pm

Programs: None anymore
Already being discussed in TS/S: Click Here
Old Oct 27, 2010, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
delete....posted in the other thread....

Last edited by Keyser; Oct 27, 2010 at 6:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.