Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Face Masks

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2020, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Things have changed a whole lot since you first posted asking about masks. In my state, they are currently required to enter almost every public building, open business (most are still closed), medical facility, etc...
It's been only 3 months, although it may feel like a lifetime. My area has the same requirements for face masks, and they can be any type that would diffuse a cough or a sneeze. My favorite "face mask" is actually a converted sleep mask from a QR amenity kit. It's soft, comfortable, washable, and has a nose piece -- so if you wear it upside down, it would exactly cover your mouth and nostrils.
Old May 31, 2020, 11:25 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
If you are looking for a face mask to protect yourself from the virus (say you're immunocompromised, need to emergently travel, etc) what you are looking for is a FIT-tested N95. Fit testing is arduous and difficult for the general public to do, but in a nutshell, the mask has to fit so perfectly that there are no gaps anywhere at the edges. You should not be able to smell any odor or taste any aerosolized particle through any planes of motion, talking, or movement. If your glasses fog up while wearing an N95, it's not Fit tested properly and is not protective against Covid.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

So what's everyone's favorite souce(s) to shop for a face mask? I'm not really in a mood to learn how to make my own, and would rather order from a reputable source. I have a strong preference for a washable mask. If it's disposable, there must be a high degree of confidence that the packaging is sterile, and not from a high risk country.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 7:17 am

If you're concerned for your safety, carry hand sanitizer as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.