Community
Wiki Posts
Search

11 Foods That End Bad Moods

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2012, 6:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
11 Foods That End Bad Moods

I tend to eat junk food when I'm stressed, so I thought this article had some good tips. Perhaps next time, I'll reach for a bit of dark chocolate.

http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slide/...sharetagsfocus
Old Mar 5, 2012, 9:41 am

If there is one thing that lifts my mood, it's a simple tall glass of water.

For snacking, I have some of those Kirkland/Costco mixed nuts - low in carbs, high in protein. Or a handful of those peanut butter-filled pretzel squares.

Or even some olives or cheddar cheese cubes.

If I'm feeling bad or it's my cheat day, ice cream. @:-)
Old Mar 5, 2012, 8:31 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
Hmmm. No wonder I bought that bag of Springtime Oreos at Walmart today.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by It'sHip2B^2
Hmmm. No wonder I bought that bag of Springtime Oreos at Walmart today.
Have you noticed that the various colors of creme in the Oreos have a different flavor than the regular creme?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
Have you noticed that the various colors of creme in the Oreos have a different flavor than the regular creme?
I have and I must admit I've tried them all. But they are just colored not flavored with the exception of the birthday cake ones out now and the candy cane ones at Christmas. Basically if they come in the regular 30 cookie package the creme is vanilla or whatever the white creme is. If they come in the more boxy looking 20 cookie packs then they are flavored. Honestly, I didn't like the peppermint ones and I'll probably try the birthday cake kind next.

Just reading that over makes me feel like a crazy lady. I should not sound all that in the know about Oreos. This is bad..... I just hope that the Easter Oreos aren't purple. Purple is my favorite color and I'd probably need 2 packages instead of one.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:07 am
Original Poster

I have and I must admit I've tried them all. But they are just colored not flavored with the exception of the birthday cake ones out now and the candy cane ones at Christmas. Basically if they come in the regular 30 cookie package the creme is vanilla or whatever the white creme is. If they come in the more boxy looking 20 cookie packs then they are flavored. Honestly, I didn't like the peppermint ones and I'll probably try the birthday cake kind next.

Just reading that over makes me feel like a crazy lady. I should not sound all that in the know about Oreos. This is bad..... I just hope that the Easter Oreos aren't purple. Purple is my favorite color and I'd probably need 2 packages instead of one.
I always thought the Halloween ones had a slightly different taste, like they were extra sugary or some such.

I've tried to steer clear of the birthday cake ones because they just sound very yummy.

I think the Easter ones are blue for spring.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:40 pm

I think the Easter ones are blue for spring.
Great news!
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Great news!
Sad isn't it, that the color of the creme in Oreos can be good or bad news?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:39 pm

Sad isn't it, that the color of the creme in Oreos can be good or bad news?
Too true. The first step toward recovery is admitting that you have a problem, right?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Too true. The first step toward recovery is admitting that you have a problem, right?
This is true. I"ve improved though... When Mr. Kipper was on the road, I used to eat Oreos or Chips Ahoy and milk for dinner on nights I didn't eat grilled cheese.

Now, I rarely have cookies in the house, and I rarely have grilled cheese for dinner when he's not here.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:36 am

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
For me it's always carbs like mashed potatoes or popcorn.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

I've had a crazy few weeks at work, and I'm pondering picking up a package of oreos tonight for dinner.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:09 am

Junk food are the main cause of bad moods, Please keep it good diets and foods. Live a More Simple life.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Beignets at Cafe du Monde always do it for me.

Breakfast at the original Sambo's restaurant does, too.
Old May 31, 2019, 4:50 am

Avoiding junk foods and eating a solid natural diet can keep your mood great. Also don't forget to exercise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.