FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Health and Fitness (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-health-fitness-679/)
-   -   11 Foods That End Bad Moods (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-health-fitness/1321281-11-foods-end-bad-moods.html)

kipper Mar 5, 2012 6:33 am

11 Foods That End Bad Moods

I tend to eat junk food when I'm stressed, so I thought this article had some good tips. Perhaps next time, I'll reach for a bit of dark chocolate. :)

http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slide/...sharetagsfocus

anonplz Mar 5, 2012 9:41 am

If there is one thing that lifts my mood, it's a simple tall glass of water.

For snacking, I have some of those Kirkland/Costco mixed nuts - low in carbs, high in protein. Or a handful of those peanut butter-filled pretzel squares.

Or even some olives or cheddar cheese cubes.

If I'm feeling bad or it's my cheat day, ice cream. @:-)

It'sHip2B^2 Mar 5, 2012 8:31 pm

Hmmm. No wonder I bought that bag of Springtime Oreos at Walmart today.

kipper Mar 6, 2012 6:07 am

Originally Posted by It'sHip2B^2 (Post 18142303)
Hmmm. No wonder I bought that bag of Springtime Oreos at Walmart today.

Have you noticed that the various colors of creme in the Oreos have a different flavor than the regular creme?

It'sHip2B^2 Mar 6, 2012 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by kipper (Post 18144117)
Have you noticed that the various colors of creme in the Oreos have a different flavor than the regular creme?

I have and I must admit I've tried them all. :( But they are just colored not flavored with the exception of the birthday cake ones out now and the candy cane ones at Christmas. Basically if they come in the regular 30 cookie package the creme is vanilla or whatever the white creme is. If they come in the more boxy looking 20 cookie packs then they are flavored. Honestly, I didn't like the peppermint ones and I'll probably try the birthday cake kind next.

Just reading that over makes me feel like a crazy lady. I should not sound all that in the know about Oreos. This is bad..... I just hope that the Easter Oreos aren't purple. Purple is my favorite color and I'd probably need 2 packages instead of one.

kipper Mar 7, 2012 6:07 am

Originally Posted by It'sHip2B^2 (Post 18150188)
I have and I must admit I've tried them all. :( But they are just colored not flavored with the exception of the birthday cake ones out now and the candy cane ones at Christmas. Basically if they come in the regular 30 cookie package the creme is vanilla or whatever the white creme is. If they come in the more boxy looking 20 cookie packs then they are flavored. Honestly, I didn't like the peppermint ones and I'll probably try the birthday cake kind next.

Just reading that over makes me feel like a crazy lady. I should not sound all that in the know about Oreos. This is bad..... I just hope that the Easter Oreos aren't purple. Purple is my favorite color and I'd probably need 2 packages instead of one.

I always thought the Halloween ones had a slightly different taste, like they were extra sugary or some such. :)

I've tried to steer clear of the birthday cake ones because they just sound very yummy. :)

I think the Easter ones are blue for spring. :)

It'sHip2B^2 Mar 7, 2012 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by kipper (Post 18151731)

I think the Easter ones are blue for spring. :)

Great news!

kipper Mar 7, 2012 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by It'sHip2B^2 (Post 18156746)
Great news!

:D Sad isn't it, that the color of the creme in Oreos can be good or bad news? :D

It'sHip2B^2 Mar 7, 2012 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by kipper (Post 18156835)
:D Sad isn't it, that the color of the creme in Oreos can be good or bad news? :D

Too true. The first step toward recovery is admitting that you have a problem, right?

kipper Mar 8, 2012 6:22 am

Originally Posted by It'sHip2B^2 (Post 18157600)
Too true. The first step toward recovery is admitting that you have a problem, right?

:D This is true. I"ve improved though... When Mr. Kipper was on the road, I used to eat Oreos or Chips Ahoy and milk for dinner on nights I didn't eat grilled cheese.

Now, I rarely have cookies in the house, and I rarely have grilled cheese for dinner when he's not here.

Bear4Asian Apr 17, 2012 11:36 am

For me it's always carbs like mashed potatoes or popcorn.

kipper Apr 17, 2012 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by It'sHip2B^2 (Post 18150188)

I've had a crazy few weeks at work, and I'm pondering picking up a package of oreos tonight for dinner. :(

FungusDoctor Apr 2, 2014 12:09 am

Junk food are the main cause of bad moods, Please keep it good diets and foods. Live a More Simple life.

Doc Savage Apr 12, 2014 3:50 pm

Beignets at Cafe du Monde always do it for me.

Breakfast at the original Sambo's restaurant does, too.

James Silva May 31, 2019 4:50 am

Avoiding junk foods and eating a solid natural diet can keep your mood great. Also don't forget to exercise.