Wiki Posts
Search

Taking the kids to Egypt

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2006, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton-Diamond, Delta-Platinum, Starwood Gold
Taking the kids to Egypt

I am travelling with my kids to Egypt (10 and 12). We will be staying most of our days on a resort at the Red Sea with a day trip to Luxor and 3 days in Cairo. Any advice? Don't tell me not to do it, since it's already a done deal.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 2:20 pm

We are travelling with our really little 'uns (1&3) to Egypt in March - also staying at a seaside resort. We don't plan on leaving the hotel/beach, but would also appreciate any do's & don'ts.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 3:32 pm

I did it!!!

I am now closeing in on 40 but when I was in 6th grade and my brother was in 4th grade we went on a 14 day trip to Egypt and Greece with a short cruise of the Greek islands with our family. The trip was amazing and I can remember it like it was yesterday. I liked Greece but it was not fair to put it on the same trip as Egypt because Egypt was so incredible. The only negative that I remember was that it was very hot and I remember complaining about the heat. I really want to go back and it is definately on my list.

I remember going to Cairo, Aswan, Luxor and a few other areas.

I really can't offer any advice for your trip but they should love it. I'm jealous!

Keba
Old Jan 12, 2006, 7:19 pm

Programs: hh diamond;co silver;
[QUOTE=chp37]I am travelling with my kids to Egypt (10 and 12). We will be staying most of our days on a resort at the Red Sea with a day trip to Luxor and 3 days in Cairo. Any advice? Don't tell me not to do it, since it's already a done deal.[/QUOTE
Too bad it is only 1 day in Luxor. Your kids are the perfect age for the tombs and they will love it! There are also other temples there. I ahve been to Egypt 3 times and love it! As for Cairo, the pyramids, the bazaar and get a guide for the National Museum and don't miss the Mummy Room ( extra charge) as it will be a highlight for the children. I think the kids will love Egypt and the weather should be perfect when you are there-not too hot. Enjoy the Red Sea-gorgeous.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton-Diamond, Delta-Platinum, Starwood Gold
Thanks

I guess we could spend more time in Luxor if we are completely enchanted. Thanks for the advice. I am getting very excited. I was a little worried since I am a woman travelling in an Islamic country, but I will probably get a better reception, because of my kids.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.