Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Anyone have experience traveling with small children in J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone have experience traveling with small children in J

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2005, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by After Burner
Wait a minute! You bring a crying baby on board and turn an otherwise pleasant, restful and relaxing flight for 36 other J passengers into 8 hours of torturous misery and you think it's "pompous" when someone objects?
^
Old Mar 2, 2005, 9:17 pm

Programs: BA,LH,AC
Originally Posted by After Burner
Wait a minute! You bring a crying baby on board and turn an otherwise pleasant, restful and relaxing flight for 36 other J passengers into 8 hours of torturous misery and you think it's "pompous" when someone objects?
Someone objected to shore9 being in J.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 9:19 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
Originally Posted by kusteneun
Someone objected to shore9 being in J.
excuse me, but when I travel in J, I am usually not the youngest in the cabin. And I don't ***** and moan to the FA's, like I've seen other travellers do.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 9:22 pm

Programs: BA,LH,AC
Originally Posted by shore9
excuse me, but when I travel in J, I am usually not the youngest in the cabin. And I don't ***** and moan to the FA's, like I've seen other travellers do.
I want my eggs
Old Mar 3, 2005, 8:08 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Yes. Babies (crying or not) are a joy.
I love generalisations.

Crying babies are not a joy to anyone who is trying to sleep. I don`t dislike them, and I ceratinly don`t sneer at the parents, but it annoys the f*** out of me, that is for sure.

Not everybody loves kids.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 8:45 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Dia Amb
Originally Posted by taupo
.... As others have mentioned, put the midget in the window seat, confines them nicely.
Our two boys figured out that they could 'escape' by crawling under the seats to the row behind or in front. It's easier in Y where there's no built-in stuff under the seats, but I seem to remember they did it in J once. We'd often sit 4 across: Aisle, aisle, middle, window. It was somewhat disconcerting to turn around from talking to my wife and see the kids missing.

Our kids have had more than their fair share of flights up front, but they were usually really well-behaved, even at an early age. I've had a number of FAs comment on their good behaviour. Their favourite flight was YYZ-FRA on LH in F when they were 11 and 10. Ever since then the first question they ask when we're going somewhere is "Are we flying on Lufthansa?"
Old Mar 3, 2005, 9:01 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Tax Dude
Our two boys figured out that they could 'escape' by crawling under the seats to the row behind or in front. It's easier in Y where there's no built-in stuff under the seats, but I seem to remember they did it in J once. We'd often sit 4 across: Aisle, aisle, middle, window. It was somewhat disconcerting to turn around from talking to my wife and see the kids missing.
I try to make my daughter stay in her seat. I find that if I let her feet touch the ground, it is harder to keep her still.
I bought the Cosco Polaroid DVD player and a spare battery. It is a great way to keep her amused, look out though when the battery runs out of juice
Old Mar 3, 2005, 9:44 am
Suspended

I try to make my daughter stay in her seat. I find that if I let her feet touch the ground, it is harder to keep her still.
I bought the Cosco Polaroid DVD player and a spare battery. It is a great way to keep her amused, look out though when the battery runs out of juice

Me too ...
Old Mar 3, 2005, 10:26 am

I don't mind that kids do end up in J.. I hate it when they are the kids that the parents do not or will not control..

For example, a family came on the plane when I was flying from HNL to YVR and to keep the daughter entertained (< 7 y.o.) they gave her a digital voice recorder... she was singing and yelling and playing back all the fun things she recorded for a good hour... the parents didn't say anything at all to the kid... they just let her go even though a lot of the other pax were obviously annoyed...

The baby issue is a touchy one for me. I don't have kids, nor do I want them. I understand that babies will cry but I just hate it when the parents don't do that much to pacify them for the other passengers... they've read somewhere to let the child cry for as long as necessary instead of reinforcing the behaviour... Just pick the little thing up, rock it and put it down when its quiet.. there are other people on the friggin plane too...

B
Old Mar 3, 2005, 11:15 am
Original Member

Programs: AC
Taupo--Where did you get the extra battery for the polaroid? And was it the higher or lower end one at costco?

thanks
Old Mar 3, 2005, 11:28 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Blain
... Just pick the little thing up, rock it and put it down when its quiet..
B
or, "give it a nipple"
Old Mar 3, 2005, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: E75K, Fairmont Platimum
...I used to be a "sneerer", amazing what kids of your own can do to change one's attitude.
Amen to that! I have a whole new perspective on the world.

Our little one has experience flying in Y and made it from the Pacific to the Atlantic by 6 mos. But Ontario's issuing of birth certificates is so slow that we have not yet been able to take him out of the country because he doesn't have it yet!! Lousy!!
Old Mar 3, 2005, 1:50 pm

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
or, "give it a nipple"
Works for me too; I find this very soothing, although I've never had the pleasure on an airplane.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You sick dog...
Old Mar 3, 2005, 2:42 pm

Programs: Sans souci
Originally Posted by NordsFan
Works for me too; I find this very soothing, although I've never had the pleasure on an airplane.
I knew someone was going to say something!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.