Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Any experience with Sit n' Stroll product? On AA, UA, EI especially?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2004, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier, AA Gold, Hilton Gold

I've used the search feature, but haven't pulled up any information on the Sit n' Stroll product - I'd love to know if anyone has used this seat or knows of anyone who has?

http://www.strolex.com/

My 8 mth old has already made 2 transatlantic trips, but fortunately we always travelled with someone who was able to help. We will be making another 2 trips in the next six months, changing planes at least once, and the Sit n' Stroll looks like a good way of reducing the luggage somewhat (will be able to borrow a stroller at end destination)

I'd love reports of the Sit n' Stroll, especially for travel on AA, UA and Aer Lingus:
- does the Sit n' Stroll fit the airline seats?
- any problems/queries from the cabin crew using this seat?
- is it very bulky?
- does it fit down all aircraft aisles?
- are they comfy to sit in?

Thanks in advance!
Cailin
Old Sep 20, 2004, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by cailin
I'd love reports of the Sit n' Stroll, especially for travel on AA, UA and Aer Lingus:
- does the Sit n' Stroll fit the airline seats?
- any problems/queries from the cabin crew using this seat?
- is it very bulky?
- does it fit down all aircraft aisles?
- are they comfy to sit in?

Thanks in advance!
Cailin
My only experience with a Sit n' Stroll has been as a witness, not user. On several AA flights (737's I believe) the FA's forced parents to gate check them as they were too wide to roll down the aisle and too wide to fit in the seats. One Dad insisted on carrying the thing down the aisle of the plane, to nearly the back row, only to discover there was no way it was going to fit in the seat and then had to carry it back to the door.

Before my son was 4 and we stopped using his car seat on planes, I made several solo trips with him. My way of getting through airports was to request special assistance in the terminals in advance, usually about 48 hours prior to the flight. I'd ask again at check-in and again on board. Sometimes I got a porter with a wheel chair to haul the car seat and carry-ons, sometimes we got to ride in an electric cart from gate to gate. I've heard these services have been cut back recently, but it never hurts to ask.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 5:06 pm

There are a few posts - including a pretty lengthy one with my experiences with the sit-n-stroll. Try entering - "sit-n-stroll" in the search window and the thread will come up.

As to fitting in the plane seats, it depends on the plane nad the seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.