Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FF Accounts for Children

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2002, 11:11 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Some carriers offer 50% off tickets for children under two if you buy them a seat rather than go the lap route. They earn full mileage and get their own full baggage allowance.
Old Nov 24, 2002, 6:21 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
As for the credit card thing, we put my son on one of our Amex Optima accounts when he was about 9. Even if Idine allows you to route the miles to an account with another name, having his own card and number has been handy for other promos such as the NW and AA shopping ones a while back.
Old Nov 25, 2002, 2:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by letiole:
As for the credit card thing, we put my son on one of our Amex Optima accounts when he was about 9. Even if Idine allows you to route the miles to an account with another name, having his own card and number has been handy for other promos such as the NW and AA shopping ones a while back. </font>
Same deal on those promos -- you can use any credit card, the name need not match the FF account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.