Anyone here use the Doona?

Old Mar 6, 16, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Anyone here use the Doona?

Anyone ever use the Doona carseat/stroller? have some questions before i spend $500 on it
Old Apr 3, 16, 12:53 pm

Programs: WN Companion Pass, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by emkay View Post
Anyone ever use the Doona carseat/stroller? have some questions before i spend $500 on it
Haven't used, but very interested in feedback as well! Reviews on Amazon are overall great, but there aren't many.
Old Apr 4, 16, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JMR1223 View Post
Haven't used, but very interested in feedback as well! Reviews on Amazon are overall great, but there aren't many.
I ended up buying it a couple weeks back, haven't used it much yet a absolutely am loving it already. Will be using it on a couple international flights later this week.
Old Apr 11, 16, 4:06 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
That was marketed at the baby show I went to in London the other month, unfortunately they were marketing it as an alternative to a pushchair which goes against recommendations in the UK that a baby spend no more than 2 hours in a car seat at a time and should also lie flat for the first 6 months (there's been an increased number of deaths of infants this year due to sudden infant death syndrome whilst in their car seat in the UK) oh and of course that once your child grows out of the car seat you'll still need to buy a stroller ;-). Great I guess if you fly the right airlines but plenty of airlines don't allow use of rear facing car seats!
Old Apr 15, 16, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fredandgingermad View Post
That was marketed at the baby show I went to in London the other month, unfortunately they were marketing it as an alternative to a pushchair which goes against recommendations in the UK that a baby spend no more than 2 hours in a car seat at a time and should also lie flat for the first 6 months (there's been an increased number of deaths of infants this year due to sudden infant death syndrome whilst in their car seat in the UK) oh and of course that once your child grows out of the car seat you'll still need to buy a stroller ;-). Great I guess if you fly the right airlines but plenty of airlines don't allow use of rear facing car seats!
The deaths related to carseats have nothing to do with lying flat reclined in a car seat. also 99.99% of airlines allow forward facing as thats what the FAA ruled.
Old Apr 15, 16, 6:46 am
Accor Contributor Badge

The deaths related to carseats have nothing to do with lying flat reclined in a car seat. also 99.99% of airlines allow forward facing as thats what the FAA ruled.
Where the FAA is concerned doesn't count for me, I rarely fly airlines that come under them
Old Apr 16, 16, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

im also not based in the states
Where the FAA is concerned doesn't count for me, I rarely fly airlines that come under them
nonetheless
99.99% of airlines allow forward facing .
Old Apr 17, 16, 1:27 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Surely the point of the doona is that its a rear facing car seat so that saying airlines allow forward facing seats is mute
Old Apr 18, 16, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Surely the point of the doona is that its a rear facing car seat so that saying airlines allow forward facing seats is mute
Was a typo. I meant rear facing.
Old Apr 21, 16, 4:41 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Most airlines we fly don't allow rear facing so ymmv
Old Aug 7, 19, 12:32 pm

Sorry for an old thread bump.

We're travelling with an infant internationally and will be bringing the Doona. The infant will not have her own seat on the flights - lap child/Bassinet on Lufthansa.

A few questions: since she won't have her own seat, can the Doona be carried on and stowed overhead?

If I have to gate check any concerns with throwing your $500 stroller in the cargo hold? It looks Doona sells a travel bag - but it seems somewhat bulky to bring along and lug around through the airport.

Any Doona airport/airplane tips/tricks you can share?

Search this Thread