Wiki Posts
Search

Stroller/pushchair carrybag

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2011, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Stroller/pushchair carrybag

Prob silly question but...

Im due to travel from Manchester to Kefalonia and will be handing my stroller in at the gate. Our stroller had a carrybag to 'protect it' from getting too bashed when in the hold and i wondered if i can sneak stuf into this bag...nappies/wipes etc?
Old May 24, 2011, 9:38 am

Programs: AA: Former CK (LT PLT), MB: PE (LT Gold)
I use a typical laundry bag and leave the wheel side sticking out. This keeps the handles and seat clean from whatever is in the belly of the plane. As for storing extra wipes and stuff, I just keep it with me or checked when I fly with my kids.
Old May 25, 2011, 2:03 am

Programs: United Plus
You could try but it doesn't seem very practical. First of all, a bag can't really prevent it from being "bashed". Also, you need to do all this at the door of the plane, on the jetway or tarmac and that would just take time.

The convenience of stuffing extra stuff in the bag vs. the time it would take IMHO wouldn't be worth it.

By all means cover your stroller if you want. This will keep it clean and dry but don't expect it to withstand everything. What you can do is make sure to double secure it with a bungee cord. Often those strollers get bashed when they open while in transit. You certainly don't want some baggage handler trying to refold your stroller or worse, just put it on board partially opened. Most strollers only have flimsy locks so make sure yours' is well bound up, either over or under you cover so that this doesn't happen to yours'.

Also, before you leave for the airport, strip down your stroller of any extras, i.e. cup holders, toys, even the sunshade if it's bulky. Either pack those items or leave them at home. Foam handles are also very likely to get damaged so perhaps wrap those up if you're not using a bag or cover already.

Make sure your name, address and flight information is somewhere on your stroller. Whatever you want to do with the stroller, make sure the gate-tag is visable.
Old May 26, 2011, 11:09 am

id hesitate to stuff the stroller bag with extras, as often (at least domestically they do) they try to be nice by opening the stroller before you get off the plane to have it ready for you and i can see your stuff falling all over the place when they do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.