Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for a DVD Player

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recommendations for a DVD Player

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA 1P; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Another vote for the Panasonic

We have this DVD player as well and love the fact that the battery can get up to 6 hours, which although is overkill for this flight is good if you are also planning on longer flights in the future

Originally Posted by GBeckman
I picked up this one at Costco last fall for an extended car trip. It's been great for both in the car and on planes. If you're going to use it in the car at all, I like that it came with a bracket to attach it to the headrest.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 12:49 am

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Silver Elite
What about for Transpac?

How about recommendations for player to take on transpacific flight? We're heading SFO-HKG-SIN with our 3 YO. Same recommendations but just bring lots of batteries?
Old Nov 8, 2009, 9:48 am

Programs: UA 1P; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Diamond
perhaps an alternative

Originally Posted by arnold_chen
How about recommendations for player to take on transpacific flight? We're heading SFO-HKG-SIN with our 3 YO. Same recommendations but just bring lots of batteries?
I personally use the panasonic above with a backup battery (universal battery). However if I was going to buy a new one for long flights, I would consider the
Panasonic-DVD-LS86, it claims up to 13 hours of playback; although that is probably at a very low level of screen brightness. Still might be something to look into
Old Nov 9, 2009, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by arnold_chen
Get a cheap mp4 player (as suggested above) and load all your movies on it ahead of time. The battery will almost certainly last longer than any DVD player, and it'll be smaller, lighter and you won't have to worry about losing or scratching discs.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by themicah
Get a cheap mp4 player (as suggested above) and load all your movies on it ahead of time. The battery will almost certainly last longer than any DVD player, and it'll be smaller, lighter and you won't have to worry about losing or scratching discs.
Our 4 year old used an ipod nano loaded with Dora, Handy Manny, and other favorite shows. He didn't mind the small screen size. And it was so nice to just put it in our pockets when we were done. But I do agree with the other posters that you'll be better with headphones. The little earphones we had occasionally fell out of his ears during the flight.

edited to add:
The one thing I didn't like about the nano was the plug for the earphones was on the bottom of the device so he couldn't set it level on the tray. He held it most of the time and when he set it on the tray we just rigged a baby blanket or sweater to hold the nano upright and level.

Last edited by ck2003; Nov 17, 2009 at 11:08 am
Old Dec 14, 2009, 4:21 am

We made the transition from a DVD to an iTouch a few years ago. Would strongly suggest this. DVDs are dead.

Furthermore, the iTouch has a lot games as the kids get older.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.