Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time to post to QF from a US rental?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2006, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Time to post to QF from a US rental?

How long does it take for a US rental to post to Qantas? I've got a bunch of Qantas points expiring at the end of April, and I credited my most recent Thrifty rental to QF, which have not yet posted. Anyone with recent or not so recent experience? At what point should I start calling/faxing?
Old Mar 28, 2006, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Can't really give a good answer to this. After a few weeks, I emailed both Thrifty and Qantas about the missing points. No response from Thrifty, Qantas took about a week, but asked for a copy of my rental agreement. I scanned them in and emailed them off. About a week later, received a reply email and the points were posted. Took about 5 weeks total for me. I was getting ready to transfer SPG points, since those take a month to transfer and I only had a month before my QF points expire. Now, 3 years left.

If anyone stumbles across this later, please post how long it takes for an automatic posting, and if it goes through at all. Thanks.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 5:26 pm

Programs: QC, QF, Avis Preferred, BW Crown Club, Priority Club
Aussies renting in the US through Thrifty get the raw prawn. I'm a member of both Blue Chips USA and Blue Chips Australia (as neither recognise the others program) and have had nothing but problems getting points posting to QF. As you have done, I got QF to step in six weeks after rental.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.