Wiki Posts
Search

Ongoing Thailand Meet a Flyertalker Thread [PRE-2015 ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2011, 10:47 pm
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
Originally Posted by KenF
Twas great to meet up with hvr, seanthepilot and partner last night!

Finally got to see the remodelled Bar-Su at the SGS (It's always been closed when I've been there in the past) and enjoy the company of our fellow FT-ers.

Leaving the "young-uns" to enjoy the live band at Bar-Su, hvr joined us at Cabbages & Condoms where we enjoyed what was definitely the last meal of the night (arrived 5 mins before the kitchen closed), before going back to close (and in my case, wreck) the Living Room at the SGS

Great company and good conversation, another win for the (perhaps now legendary) FT BKK Meet a Flyertalker Thread!

Willard the Bear - and I got to show Beeker how hectic a Bear's social life can get!

Agreed, a wonderful evening with fine people and a cute bear.

My first time at Bar Su and I enjoyed it. Thanks to all who attended and look forward to catching up again soon.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Gosh, I hope that some of you are around 6-21 Nov; Mrs T-K and I will be in town, including 2 nites SGS 19-20 Nov.

My last gathering in May was a good catch-up with seathepilot and first meet with DrHFH at BarSu, although managed an unplanned meeting at another location much later that nite

Enjoy all

TK
Old Oct 16, 2011, 6:35 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I'll be around Nov 11-20
Old Oct 16, 2011, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Gosh, I hope that some of you are around 6-21 Nov; Mrs T-K and I will be in town, including 2 nites SGS 19-20 Nov.

My last gathering in May was a good catch-up with seathepilot and first meet with DrHFH at BarSu, although managed an unplanned meeting at another location much later that nite
Indeed, it was great meeting you. We'll overlap from your arrival (November 6) to my departure on November 13 or 14. Let's meetup at either place!!
Old Oct 16, 2011, 2:54 pm

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Will be at the SGS from Nov 1 to 7th.Though arriving very late and leaving early.So really only there Nov 2 to 6th.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

Enjoy all

TK
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I'll be around Nov 11-20
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Indeed, it was great meeting you. We'll overlap from your arrival (November 6) to my departure on November 13 or 14. Let's meetup at either place!!

We wil be in BKK the nights of Nov 8 and Nov 12.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 11:29 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife
Original Poster

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Arrive late Nov 7th, leave for Loi Gratong in Chiang Mai on the 8th.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have gathering with old friends 11-14 so am fully committed for those nights.
Mrs TK has been in Thailand since mid-Jun on family business, so my first couple of nights (6 and 7) will likely be busy.

Can I (tentatively) suggest a gathering on 8 Nov? Perhaps a drink or a bite somewhere. dsquared37 and I have never met, at least knowingly, and I'm always keen to expand the 'those FTers Iv'e actually met' database!

I expect that I'll be able to catch-up with yosithezet during my stay.

From what I've read that would mean on the 8th Nov there could be:

Thai-Kiwi +1 ?
dsquared37 +1 ?
Dr HFH

We are staying in the lower Sukh area, and are open to suggestions for a drink and/or bite location.

Thoughts?! Cheers, TK
Old Oct 18, 2011, 3:16 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I'm fully committed to a company event Nov 14 afternoon -17 afternoon.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have gathering with old friends 11-14 so am fully committed for those nights.
Mrs TK has been in Thailand since mid-Jun on family business, so my first couple of nights (6 and 7) will likely be busy.

Can I (tentatively) suggest a gathering on 8 Nov? Perhaps a drink or a bite somewhere. dsquared37 and I have never met, at least knowingly, and I'm always keen to expand the 'those FTers Iv'e actually met' database!

I expect that I'll be able to catch-up with yosithezet during my stay.

From what I've read that would mean on the 8th Nov there could be:

Thai-Kiwi +1 ?
dsquared37 +1 ?
Dr HFH

We are staying in the lower Sukh area, and are open to suggestions for a drink and/or bite location.

Thoughts?! Cheers, TK
We won't be getting into BKK until 9:30 that evening but I could negotiate a hall pass if the +1 is too tired to go out.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 5:46 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
I'll be around from the 7th-19th maybe with a +1 depending if she feels like going out
Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
I'll be around from the 7th-19th maybe with a +1 depending if she feels like going out
Can I suggest proceeding with a gathering on evening of 8th - perhaps a drinks given dsquared37's arrival time. Mrs TK probably would want feminine company, or else will likely just it to be a FT lads gathering...

dsquared37 - any suggestions for a drinks/meet location based on your accommodation arrangements?

Cheers, TK

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Oct 20, 2011 at 12:50 am
Old Oct 20, 2011, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can I suggest proceeding with a gathering on evening of 8th - perhaps a drinks given dsquared37's arrival time. Mrs TK probably would want feminine company, or else will likely just it to be a FT lads gathering...

dsquared37 - any suggestions for a drinks/meet location based on your accommodation arrangements?

Cheers, TK
I'm most likely the outlier of the group as we'll be somewhere between khlong banglampoo and thewet.

Wherever the chosen local may lie is fine and I'll wend my way there regardless.

As for the feminine aspect we'll need to wait and see as my other half will have had a full day of work before we head over the flood plain.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I'm in.... If it's not raining, the rooftop bar at 4P is quite nice. Why don't we meetup at regular cocktail hour, have a round or two, then dinner, and the latecomers will catch up if possible?
Old Oct 20, 2011, 8:50 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Depending on my jet lag I should be alright with anything, I've never been to BKK before so I am fine with something more local-ish I'll try and talk the wife into coming

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.