Wiki Posts
Search

Transit Time at BKK - REP to CNX - PG to TG

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2008, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Transit Time at BKK - REP to CNX - PG to TG

I am planning a flight from Siem Reap to Chiang Mai and need to make a connection through BKK. Due to the fact that PG is the only carrier flying that route, I am going to be switching carriers from PG to TG at BKK. A couple quick questions:

1. I believe they do, but can someone confirm the fact that PG and TG do have an interline baggage agreement? Also, do I need to clear immigration/customs at my first point of entry or do I do that at my final destination? ie: Do I need to through immigrations, collect my bags, go through customs, transfer desk to re-check in on TG flight, go to gate? I'm assuming I need to clear immigrations at BKK as that is my first point of entry?

2. How much time should I alot between my REP-BKK arrival and my departure from BKK-CNX? There is an option which gives me a 1:55 window between scheduled arrival and departure. Is this cutting it too close? Or would that time suffice? I'm currently looking at arriving on PG924, which gets me in at 10:45am and departing on TG110 which departs at 12:40pm.

Thank you in advance for the responses...
Old Jan 30, 2008, 2:34 pm

Programs: LH SEN, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Yes, you will have to do everything in BKK: immigration, customs, baggage, re-check. Not sure about now, but it was possible last year to do all formalities at final domestic destionation point, but only when traveling on the same airline. For example, REP-BKK-USM.

2 hours should be enough. I was doing this a few times intl-to-domestic and intl-to-intl and the shortest time was 30 min from arrival gate to departure gate with immigration in, check-in, immigration out, with carry-on only.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Thank you! I ended up booking a bit of a longer connection time...just in case...
Old Feb 4, 2008, 2:54 am

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue, SK Eurobonus, TG ROP, BA EC, QR Privilege Club, SQ Krisflyer
If you find that the longer connection is not necessary on the day, and unless you have bought the very lowest priced fare class, TG are very helpful about transfering you onto an earlier flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.