Wiki Posts
Search

Amari Watergate Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2007, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Amari Watergate Bangkok

Anyone with a recent stay? Just pricelined for $75.00 per nite, did I get a good deal? Reviews at Trip Advisor seemed good.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 4:46 am

Its a decent hotel, although its not the best location. Not easily accesible with the sky train or underground station and traffic on that road can be REAL bad in the evenings.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stayed there ~ 2 years ago and thought that is was a nice hotel. I had a great room, pretty big with a sunken area for the bedroom.

I actually like the location but agree that traffic on Petchburi/Ratchadamri Rds can be bad. There is a fly-over there so walking just a little ways for a taxi might save a lot of time? A motorbike taxi from Ratchathewi BTS to the Watergate would be 30 ~ 40 baht and take 5 thrilling minutes (on the sidewalk, wrong-way on the street, weaving between cars!) Lots of clothes shopping in the immediate vicinity with Pratunam market (essentially surrounds the Amari Watergate) and Platinum (across the street), and Panthip Plaza for electronics is nearby.

Big C and Central World Plaza (World Trade) are close by, and you can walk to the Chit Lom BTS station. Also there is a pier for the canal boats on the Khlong San Saeb at Pratunam just south on Ratchadamri Road sort of left kitty-corner from the Amari.

I hadn't noticed this hotel on Priceline before, good to know it's available.

Last edited by transpac; Apr 4, 2007 at 3:15 pm
Old Apr 5, 2007, 12:58 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I love this property and often stay there in an upgraded room for USD 95 including breakfast. The only downside to the location for me is that it is not on the sky train route. I always hit Pantip Plaza and get a massage in the basement of the Diamond just before Pantip Plaza.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.