Wiki Posts
Search

BKK – Priority Immigration on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2024, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE • LH*SEN • BA*G • AA*EXP • MB*A • WOH*G • HH*G
BKK – Priority Immigration on Arrival

This has been on my mind for a while actually. Until my friend has advised me last week upon her landing in BKK, that she was not given an opportunity to use the Priority Lane / Fast Track despite holding a QR F ticket.

I wonder what are people's experiences / take on this. As far as I can remember, F and J should be able to get Prio when you leave, just not sure if I've seen a sign indicating the same on arrival.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 11:21 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Available on arrival too.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE • LH*SEN • BA*G • AA*EXP • MB*A • WOH*G • HH*G
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Available on arrival too.
That's what I advised my friend – that she should've been able to use Prio. Unfortunately, the two gatekeepers in front of hall 3 redirected her to 'Foreign passport' line where there's at least a 10-15 min wait, and when she told them she's eligible to use priority, they shook their heads... even when she showed them her F BP.

Quite an interesting interaction, but not totally unexpected.
Davvidd likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 8:16 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
certainly also on arrival
...probably a communication problem
Old Mar 27, 2024, 3:08 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by BinSabai
certainly also on arrival
...probably a communication problem
I do not know about this as saw a quote from the Head of Immigration Police about scams at arrival and he did not mention business class for fast track lane on arrival but specifically mentioned business class lane for departures. He said special arrival lanes are for disabled passengers, the elderly and holders of `DPL and Official Passports, holders of Thailand Elite Card, Thai Long Stay and APEC cards only. For departures, Business class passengers, smart Visa Holders, the disabled , the elderly and crew.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 7:25 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Davvidd
I do not know about this as saw a quote from the Head of Immigration Police about scams at arrival and he did not mention business class for fast track lane on arrival but specifically mentioned business class lane for departures. He said special arrival lanes are for disabled passengers, the elderly and holders of `DPL and Official Passports, holders of Thailand Elite Card, Thai Long Stay and APEC cards only. For departures, Business class passengers, smart Visa Holders, the disabled , the elderly and crew.
I doubt this statement included all passengers entitled...
what about families with small children?
last time I passed just 3 days ago, fast track was crowded with families trying to tame cocky kids running around....and it took ages until they were processed by the officers
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:45 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by BinSabai
I doubt this statement included all passengers entitled...
what about families with small children?
last time I passed just 3 days ago, fast track was crowded with families trying to tame cocky kids running around....and it took ages until they were processed by the officers
What I meant was about business class on arrival. I have been also directed the last few times to the foreigner lane though I arrived on business class and showed and told them that I am business class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.