Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

BKK Transit Counter airside (SIN-BKK-LHR)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2022, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB

Before I go out and book something unreasonable, can anyone confirm if it is possible to do an airside, separate-ticket connection at BKK again?

I've got two pax on a single-PNR connecting through BKK on SQ708 + BR67, but I need a third pax on those flights and couldn't manage to ticket it directly. So what I'm hoping to do here is separate-ticket the return for the third pax and link all the PNRs. But then I started questioning if it's possible to do so yet. This site suggests that it's possible to connect (doesn't mention single PNR/ticket). I'm hoping that we can check in everyone at the SQ desk in SIN, considering they will be linked, we're getting visas for Thailand anyway, considering we will have just been there a week or so earlier, but juuuuuuuuust in case I want to make sure that this is possible. Otherwise I need to get creative with my own routing as well.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 4:04 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Deleted - duplicate

Last edited by bpk6h; Dec 30, 2022 at 4:19 am
Old Dec 30, 2022, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn
Before I go out and book something unreasonable, can anyone confirm if it is possible to do an airside, separate-ticket connection at BKK again?

I've got two pax on a single-PNR connecting through BKK on SQ708 + BR67, but I need a third pax on those flights and couldn't manage to ticket it directly. So what I'm hoping to do here is separate-ticket the return for the third pax and link all the PNRs. But then I started questioning if it's possible to do so yet. This site suggests that it's possible to connect (doesn't mention single PNR/ticket). I'm hoping that we can check in everyone at the SQ desk in SIN, considering they will be linked, we're getting visas for Thailand anyway, considering we will have just been there a week or so earlier, but juuuuuuuuust in case I want to make sure that this is possible. Otherwise I need to get creative with my own routing as well.
Yes, I did it in November... but I only had a carry on. I flew under two separate PNRs, Jetstar SIN-BKK and BR67 BKK-LHR. Disembarked from the Jetstar flight, very short walk to transfer security (only one in the queue) and upstairs into the BR lounge. I had checked in online for the BR flight but brought a print out of the boarding pass which the security agents seemed to be more comfortable with.

Last edited by bpk6h; Dec 30, 2022 at 7:16 am
Old Dec 30, 2022, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Thank you! This is a big weight off!

I actually broke down and called the BR counter at SIN yesterday who claimed it was completely possible to check in for the BKK-LHR segment at the SQ counter. They're all *A so it should be easy.
Then I called up SQ and they confirmed that they will not check in for any other airline because "the boarding passes won't be the same" which was almost so hilarious that I called him on it. Even when mentioning the second through-PNR, he confirmed that SQ will not check in for that flight either and we'd need to go to BR to do it. Not like I haven't done it multiple times, including with SQ. But oh well.

Either way, feeling a lot better about this now. Have a happy new year!
bpk6h likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 3:16 am

Happy New Year to you as well. Had last flown BR pre-covid...they are still terrific.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 6:47 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn
TI actually broke down and called the BR counter at SIN yesterday who claimed it was completely possible to check in for the BKK-LHR segment at the SQ counter. They're all *A so it should be easy.
Then I called up SQ and they confirmed that they will not check in for any other airline because "the boarding passes won't be the same" which was almost so hilarious that I called him on it. Even when mentioning the second through-PNR, he confirmed that SQ will not check in for that flight either and we'd need to go to BR to do it. Not like I haven't done it multiple times, including with SQ. But oh well.
no surprise...SQ is very strict on this....staff is very creative with excuses...

Had same experience with SQ and other *A carriers....SQ refused to check through if on separate PNR, while the other *A carrier did with SQ as second leg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.