Chiang Mai Le Meridian Remodel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2022, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver

I got an email from the Chiang Mai Le Meridian about my January 2023 reservation.
"We have currently undertaken renovation of our guest rooms and our public spaces. Our Spa, Fitness Center and Swimming Pool on the 4th floor will be temporarily closed.
During your stay, we are offering Spa services in specially prepared guestrooms and have an alternate venue for Fitness Center. We provide alternative swimming pool option in some of neighboring hotels. Our Concierge team can help you organize Swimming Pool usage as per your convenience.
To minimize any inconvenience for our guests, we have scheduled all work that may result in noise to be completed between 10:00 – 17:00 hrs..."

I think it was very considerate of them to give me this information. Not every property warns you. I cancelled my reservation and booked the Melia Chiang Mai which looks wonderful.
CreoUCLA likes this.

Last edited by rxgeek; Nov 24, 2022 at 9:24 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 24, 2022, 5:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Le Meridien Chiang Mai used to be a really great place.....rumor has it that after the renovation has been completed, it will be re-branded as a Marriott
Old Nov 24, 2022, 7:07 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by rxgeek
I think it was very considerate of them to give me this information. Not every property warns you. I cancelled my reservation and booked the Melia Chiang Mai which looks wonderful.
there are many options....but if you prefer to stay in the same tourist area...
Old Nov 28, 2022, 12:46 pm

Thanks for the heads-up as we were also booked at the Le Meridien Chiang Mai in January 2023 (and I hadn't seen the hotel's email yet).
Old Nov 29, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, American Platinum
We were also booked in December at the Le Meridien Chiang Mai. We rebooked to another property. I've learned the hard way to steer clear of hotels undergoing major renovations.
CreoUCLA likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by cohighcountry1k
I've learned the hard way to steer clear of hotels undergoing major renovations.
Ditto. We stayed at a hotel in Hawaii a couple years back that was undergoing major renovations to their public areas, and it was a bit unpleasant with the construction noise, boarded up walkways, and many amenities being closed.

We rebooked our stay at the Melia as well (as we wanted to be in the same area).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.