Wiki Posts
Search

Sports bar for world cup games?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2022, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Sports bar for world cup games?

I will be in bkk for the first few days of world cup games, any recommendations for sports bars on sukhumvit? Usually when will they close? Some games won't start until 2am.
Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 3:30 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Places generally have to close by 2am. Where on Sukhumvit are you considering? - just conscious that Sukhumvit runs all the way from Ploenchit to the Cambodian border
BinSabai likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Places generally have to close by 2am. Where on Sukhumvit are you considering? - just conscious that Sukhumvit runs all the way from Ploenchit to the Cambodian border

​​​​​​​Ahh, looks like I will have to watch the first game in my hotel room.
The 11 pm game is still possible, any recommendations? I will stay near MRT Sukhumvit or BTS Asok

Last edited by gokeeper; Oct 20, 2022 at 12:39 am
Old Oct 20, 2022, 12:49 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gokeeper
Ahh, looks like I will have to watch the first game in my hotel room.
The 11 pm game is still possible, any recommendations? I will stay near MRT Sukhumvit or BTS Asok
Can always stock up on beers for the hotel room, indeed

I do not tend to come around Asoke intersection much these days, but if you go one stop further out on the BTS to Phrom Phong, you have a few pubs there such as O'Shea's Pub & Sports Bar, The Robin Hood, etc which I am sure would be showing football and quite lively with expats at least. There should be plenty of options around Soi 11 / Soi 13 as well.

Hope that helps
Old Oct 20, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by gokeeper
Ahh, looks like I will have to watch the first game in my hotel room.

I do not tend to come around Asoke intersection much these days, but if you go one stop further out on the BTS to Phrom Phong, you have a few pubs there such as O'Shea's Pub & Sports Bar, The Robin Hood, etc which I am sure would be showing football and quite lively with expats at least. There should be plenty of options around Soi 11 / Soi 13 as well.

Hope that helps
Looking at google maps, they might close at 11pm, 12am. The Penalty Spot between Asoke and Phrom Phong looks like it is open until 2am. The Game American & Sports Bar right under Nana BTS is open until 2am. A few years ago I watched an 11:30pm kick off FA cup game in the The Kiwi Sports Bar on a sub soi off Soi 8 but I'm not sure if its survived covid. The Sportsman on Soi 13 looks like its open until 2am. The Sport Corner on Soi 20 is 2am as well.

Yeah those 2am kick offs you are going to struggle with, there might be somewhere in the city showing them. In the last World Cup I was staying a night in the Hard Rock Pattaya when the Croatia v England semi-final was on with a 1am Thai Time kick off - they had a big screen in a bar/lounge for it and I watched the first half with three other men, all Chinese lol.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 10:11 am

The day Google Maps’ opening hours (which are largely crowd sourced) can be trusted is something I would love to see
ExpatSomchai and BinSabai like this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Hope that helps
Originally Posted by manymany
Looking at google maps, they might close at 11pm, 12am. The Penalty Spot between Asoke and Phrom Phong looks like it is open until 2am. The Game American & Sports Bar right under Nana BTS is open until 2am. A few years ago I watched an 11:30pm kick off FA cup game in the The Kiwi Sports Bar on a sub soi off Soi 8 but I'm not sure if its survived covid. The Sportsman on Soi 13 looks like its open until 2am. The Sport Corner on Soi 20 is 2am as well.
Actually my hotel is between Asok and Phrom Phong station, looks like there will be multiple option, I will walk around, thank you both!
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 5:58 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
I expect that many bars especially between Asoke and Nana will be open after 2 am when the World Cup is on. It is just a matter of feeding the right people, who may see it a golden opportunity anyway. Bars orientated towards Thais will likely be open considering the popularity of gambling on the sport.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 5:50 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
The Sportsman on Soi 13 is great. Tons of TVs, good food/drinks etc. I always went there for sport.
gokeeper likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 9:24 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
maybe this will help
Cabinet will deliberate 4am closing (bangkokpost.com)
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by PxC
The Sportsman on Soi 13 is great. Tons of TVs, good food/drinks etc. I always went there for sport.
Agreed. The Clubhouse on soi 23 is also worth visiting....and across the street is Craft which carries a wide variety of (rather expensive by Thailand standards) craft beer.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 7:09 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Agreed. The Clubhouse on soi 23 is also worth visiting....and across the street is Craft which carries a wide variety of (rather expensive by Thailand standards) craft beer.
Craft also has a cigar lounge in the basement with several dozens of different whisky
Old Nov 15, 2022, 6:36 pm

There is Breakers Sports Bar on soi 13

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.