Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weekday Buffet Lunch recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2022, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Weekday Buffet Lunch recommendations?

Which buffet lunch place would you recommend on a weekday, if our priorities are seafood and/or Thai cuisine? Am currently staying at the Grand Hyatt Erawan so the less we have to commute during the APEC jamboree, the better. Thanks
Old Nov 13, 2022, 4:03 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Any particular reason why it has to be buffet?
Old Nov 13, 2022, 6:28 am
Original Poster

It does not have to be a Buffet, but I asked for one because they usually provide a variety of choices for a fixed price and if one does not like a dish (or two), there are always other options. But no, any place with good food and reasonable prices would be very welcome. Since you are a local, your comments would be appreciated. Thanks
Old Nov 13, 2022, 6:43 am

Programs: HHonors / UA M+ / TK M&S Elite
The Renaissance is my go-to buffet. Not sure what the schedule is cuz I haven't been since June. Def worth a look!

The Okura Prestige used to do lunch buffets and my SO had a great experience there. She's quite the connoisseur, so it should rate well.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Arun and Paste are two Thai restaurants within walking distance from Grand Hyatt

Siam Kempinski and Waldorf Astoria, two hotels nearby have good Thai restaurants

Saneh Jaan is another one not so far away

you have to check with them and make reservations as I have seen a lot of restaurants announcing closing down for the entire week in that area
Old Nov 13, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
For traditional Thai, albeit a bit high-end, I would suggest Benjarong at Baan Dusit Thani on Sala Daeng. It took a dive on quality at some point but last time I went it was back up.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, UA-MM, Hertz PC, HH, APEC ABTC
From Hyatt Erawan, it's a quick walk to Central Plaza. There are LOTS of great lunch options there - with many cuisines. Many restaurants have diverse menus with lots of small plate type choices.

In particular I would recommend:
Kum Poon - 7th Floor floor, near the gourmet grocery store
Traditional Issan (up country) Thai fare

KubKao’ KubPla - on level 3 (I believe) along the 'front entrance' side of the building
also Issan

along the same side as KubKao KubPla are several very good Japanese places with excellent seafood options.

You could also do a Chinese hotpot where you order from a large selection of protein
and veggie items to cook at the table. On of the most famous is Haidilao - which has a location there there on Central World Level 7.
Note that it can be a very long wait on weekends.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everybody for all the great suggestions - much appreciated
Old Nov 15, 2022, 10:57 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
by the way, Grand Hyatt is one of the 18 hotels, where head of states and officials will stay during APEC....so beware about restrictions to access or leave the hotel or areas prohibited to enter
SKT-DK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.