Search

Sofitel BKK Club Millésime - Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2022, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Sofitel BKK Club Millésime - Worth it?

Hi all,

My better half and I have a long standing reservation for a club Millésime room at the Sofitel Sukhumvit in a couple months time. It's fairly hard to find information online about the Club Millésime lounge. Anyone has experience with it?

I don't even know what is inclusive and what is extra. I'd assume breakfast and afternoon tea is inclusive but the rest inc bar drinks are paid for?!?

It seemed like a good idea when I booked, we wanted something a bit special, but how special is it actually?

The catch is we got these reservations a year ago before hotel prices skyrocketed, so have a bit of fear of losing out if we cancel for another hotel.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 8:30 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
there is a thread about Sofitel Sukhumvit in the Accor Forum; there you can see as well a lot of pictures

I was in Sofitel around one month ago mid july; I booked standard room and was upgraded to Club Millésime room as I am Platinum at Accor

Breakfast is currently in the restaurant, not in the lounge. quality was very good and plenty of choices

You have free afternoon tea from 1pm-3pm and cocktails from 5pm-7pm; the lounge is very large; beverages and food are ok for this level of hotel, but not outstanding; service is very good

you get welcome drink, which you can have in the basement bar or on the rooftop bar, which is at the same time the only Belgian restaurant in Bangkok I know of

and yes, the prices for hotels in Bangkok are recovering....
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 8:36 pm

those are pictures from the 5pm-7pm happy hour
beverages include a prosecco, a chardonnay, a sauvignon blanc and 2 red wines; several cocktails and beer
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 12:09 am

have you made up your mind?
Old Nov 6, 2022, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Hi BinSabai . Thanks to you I decided to go for it and your assessment was spot on.

Got a nice room on a higher floor, don't know how the regular rooms compare but it certainly is comfortable.

Club lounge is as you said spacious and never gets crowded.
Food tastes better than expected with a good mix of thai + other dishes, and the "happy hour" is generous.
Due to there being lots to visit, and eat, in BKK we are not going out of our way to hang in the lounge 3 times daily, but if we are already at the hotel at the right time it's a nice place to chill.

If you were a scrounger, you could totally survive off of this buffet comfortably for your whole stay

They do serve breakfast in the lounge as well, and quality is excellent. Here are a few pics of breakfast buffet + truffle omelete and phad phak

In other words, was it worth it? Yes! Made our stay a little more special.

Location is great and there is direct skywalk to metro. Disclaimer: There is a large congregation of ladies of the night as soon as you leave the front of the hotel in the evenings, on both sides, in case this makes anyone uncomfortable. (Or maybe, the opposite...)
Old Nov 6, 2022, 11:26 pm

good that you liked it!
did the ongoing renovation not bother you?
earlier this year (was there twice), they did not servie breakfast in the lounge; only downstairs (where there are so many choices...)

...and among the ladies of the night in this area, many are not real ones.... the infamous Thermae is nearby and the latter have to stay outside...
GGLwannabe likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.