Reload this Page >

the end of quarantine free entry?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the end of quarantine free entry?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JackDann
My own fault, I booked the wrong package, cancelled and tried to re-book and wasn't able to. I've emailed them and hopefully they are able to do it still.
Ah makes sense - my best advise would be for you to ask them to reinstate the original reservation with the right terms. Because the authorities will check the paperwork against what was submitted for your TP approval. Otherwise it might work, might not - but it’s not a chance I would want to take (I took a chance on using the faulty -1 day one everything TP, but that had precedent)
Old Jan 2, 2022, 10:06 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Ah makes sense - my best advise would be for you to ask them to reinstate the original reservation with the right terms. Because the authorities will check the paperwork against what was submitted for your TP approval. Otherwise it might work, might not - but it’s not a chance I would want to take (I took a chance on using the faulty -1 day one everything TP, but that had precedent)
Interestingly, the Marriott ask that you book a regular room through their website and then add the Test + Go package on afterwards by contacting them via E-Mail. Hopefully they can just re-instate the original booking.

You say Authorities will check paperwork against the Thai Pass, to what extent is this? I didn't even put a flight number on my Thai Pass application.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
You say Authorities will check paperwork against the Thai Pass, to what extent is this? I didn't even put a flight number on my Thai Pass application.
vaccination certificate, insurance and prebooked test & go arrangement is the key...everything else is not so much of concern...
SKT-DK and Davvidd like this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:53 pm

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Just wading my way through this thread, and other sources of information, as not given up yet for February! Note, we dont have a Thailand pass currently.

So I was thinking of entering Phuket on SQ from LHR and staying in a SHA+ hotel. Post this probably rent a villa or something and towards the end of the month up to Bangkok for a few days before flying out of Bangkok back home via SIN - LHR. Planning on being in Thailand c. 3 weeks.

First question is I read conflicting reports of whether the Sandbox for Phuket is 5 or 7 days requirement stay in a SHA+ hotel? Does anyone know the definitive answer?

Second question is after the SHA+ stay, (whatever the length of requirement is) can I actually travel to Bangkok or anywhere else I choose in Thailand? (I have 5 nights left of a legacy hotel booking in Bangkok to use). I am assuming yes at the moment, but read somewhere this can only be after 14 days!

Anything Ive missed or pitfalls?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by Beano HK
Just wading my way through this thread, and other sources of information, as not given up yet for February! Note, we dont have a Thailand pass currently.

So I was thinking of entering Phuket on SQ from LHR and staying in a SHA+ hotel. Post this probably rent a villa or something and towards the end of the month up to Bangkok for a few days before flying out of Bangkok back home via SIN - LHR. Planning on being in Thailand c. 3 weeks.

First question is I read conflicting reports of whether the Sandbox for Phuket is 5 or 7 days requirement stay in a SHA+ hotel? Does anyone know the definitive answer?

Second question is after the SHA+ stay, (whatever the length of requirement is) can I actually travel to Bangkok or anywhere else I choose in Thailand? (I have 5 nights left of a legacy hotel booking in Bangkok to use). I am assuming yes at the moment, but read somewhere this can only be after 14 days!

Anything Ive missed or pitfalls?

Thanks in advance.
Fingers crossed for you! 7 nights is the requirement to stay in SHA+ hotel in Phuket. After that you may travel anywhere in Thailand. Of course, we are due an update tomorrow (on the 4th) so best wait for that before making any plans now.
Beano HK likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 2:35 am
Original Poster

Breaking news!

Old Jan 3, 2022, 2:48 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by BinSabai
Breaking news!
I just saw this. Not sure what the likelihood of it getting approved is.

As a very last resort, If I can move my flights to HKT and do sandbox this could still be an option maybe. Is Khao Lak still included in Sandbox or strictly Phuket now?

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 3, 2022 at 3:20 am Reason: Removed image from quoted post
Old Jan 3, 2022, 2:51 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Breaking news!
Heard today that it is a done deal - but of course nothing is set in stone until the official announcement. Cannot say that I am surprised though…

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 3, 2022 at 3:21 am Reason: Removed image from quoted post
Old Jan 3, 2022, 2:57 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Breaking news!
Anyone knows if its possible to move dates on an approved Thai Pass?

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 3, 2022 at 3:21 am Reason: Removed image from quoted post
Old Jan 3, 2022, 3:12 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by Ed Size
Anyone knows if its possible to move dates on an approved Thai Pass?
It’s not unfortunately.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 3:47 am
Original Poster

I just saw this. Not sure what the likelihood of it getting approved is.

As a very last resort, If I can move my flights to HKT and do sandbox this could still be an option maybe. Is Khao Lak still included in Sandbox or strictly Phuket now?
only Phuket
if cases increase in Phuket...they will probably also suspend Phuket Sandbox....
Old Jan 3, 2022, 4:17 am

Hm, so those approved for Test & Go to Phuket can reuse the existing Thai Pass? Or will still need to reapply?
Old Jan 3, 2022, 4:19 am
formerly JackDann

only Phuket
if cases increase in Phuket...they will probably also suspend Phuket Sandbox....
You think? They haven't suspended Phuket Sandbox since it started I believe, so I would be very surprised? I can't see them suspending Phuket Sandbox before the end of the month at least. My Thailand Pass is for 15th January into BKK, If I have to do Phuket Sandbox then so be it, but hopefully know soon.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 5:13 am
Original Poster

You think? They haven't suspended Phuket Sandbox since it started I believe, so I would be very surprised? I can't see them suspending Phuket Sandbox before the end of the month at least. My Thailand Pass is for 15th January into BKK, If I have to do Phuket Sandbox then so be it, but hopefully know soon.
well, with the sandbox concept there is a certain risk as those arriving tourists can move anywhere on the island... as already said, it depends on the perdentage of arriving tourists testing positive....
nothing is sure those days and things can change anytime

a bit more details of the proposal of the health minister to extend suspension of quarantee free entry
Health ministry wants to extend suspension of Test & Go (bangkokpost.com)

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 3, 2022 at 9:00 pm Reason: Merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Jan 3, 2022, 5:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
I'd be surprised if the government did suspend the Phuket Sandbox this month. I'd also be surprised if they cancelled the Thai Passes already issued for those arriving after January 10th.

However, so far Omicron doesn't seem to have taken off in Thailand in the same way it has done in lots of other countries, which has given the government breathing space.

If/when Omicron does start to take off rapidly in Thailand there would be several possible responses from the government, and at the two extremes:

1) Close off non-quarantine entry to pestilential farangs and impose lock-downs in badly affected areas
2) Acknowledge that as Omicron is already spreading rapidly in the country, the arrival of a few thousand foreigners per day isn't going to greatly affect infection rates, so keep the gates open and apply light-touch measures in areas with significant outbreaks

Time will tell!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.