the end of quarantine free entry?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the end of quarantine free entry?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2021, 5:55 pm

Progress?

We now have a suggestion that eligible countries under the Test & Go scheme will be revised/reduced.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...list-to-change
Old Dec 20, 2021, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Gen Supoj said the CCSA's operation centre will identify "high-risk" countries before holding a meeting on Friday to decide on the extent to which the "Test & Go" scheme may need to be revised. If the risk of further infections is considered high, the scheme may be suspended completely.

meeting is friday
Old Dec 20, 2021, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by seigex
wow, that would be disappointing, I leave Friday and changed confirmed travel to Sweden to Thailand once test&go started. Hope they announce something soon, would suck to be halfway through my flight and then find out test&go is canceled when I arrive in Thailand.
Not as disappointing as it will be to those dependent on tourism for their livelihood
SKT-DK, BinSabai and seigex like this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by On Time Reports
Progress?

We now have a suggestion that eligible countries under the Test & Go scheme will be revised/reduced.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...list-to-change
and the rest of the 63 countries will be removed during next couple of weeks as Omicron certainly will spread worldwide (even in Thailand, whatever measures they put in place)???
even increasing uncertainty among travellers...
Old Dec 21, 2021, 12:09 am
Original Poster

the question is also whether they will remove countries from the test & go list, where Omicron has already spread significantly (for example UK, Netherland, Scandinavian countries) or countries with a high infection rate in general...
Old Dec 21, 2021, 12:15 am
Original Poster

why don't they just make a booster vaccination mandatory... boosters are reported to protect against Omicron pretty well
Abyssin likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 1:56 am

Programs: AA Plat
Hope everyone who wants to be here already got here! https://www.thaienquirer.com/36025/t...st-quarantine/

Edit: Looks like there’s some mixed messaging between what PM said vs what govt spokesperson said. PM statement suggests test&go abolished and those with Thailand Pass approved will have to PCR x2 and 7-day quarantine. Spokesperson suggests test&go stays for those with Thailand Pass already approved just with an additional PCR test but no mandatory quarantine beyond first night. Classic Thai governance at its best!

Last edited by prathetkrungthep; Dec 21, 2021 at 3:30 am Reason: Updates on details
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:27 am

Programs: UA 2MM
My interpretation is that pax with an approved Thailand Pass will have PCR x 2, but only a one day quarantine (unchanged). 😊
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
My interpretation is that pax with an approved Thailand Pass will have PCR x 2, but only a one day quarantine (unchanged). 😊
or something like that
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:57 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Here we go - back to square one:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...andbox-entries
Old Dec 21, 2021, 5:11 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Every article talks about ‘tourists’ - but nothing about how the rest of us will be treated… I presume the same but should not be
Old Dec 21, 2021, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Every article talks about ‘tourists’ - but nothing about how the rest of us will be treated… I presume the same but should not be
everybody...also returning Thai citizens are affected by this

anyway, not yet quite clear is
- treatment of those who have already a Thai Pass (just second PRC test, paid by the Thai tax payer or additional hurdles)
- Sandbox: just Phuket or more blue zones; how many days and how many PRC tests
- quarantine 7 or 10 or 14 days or according to a scheme depending on vaccination and country of departure
will probably not be clarified before 4. January, when they want to review the situation
Old Dec 21, 2021, 5:49 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
So got my TP approved, arriving at HKT with 1 night of SHA+ accommodation. What do I need to do now?

If I need to quarantine do I need to stay at the same SHA+ hotel because the 1-night booking was just a random 4* hotel to meet the TP requirements, and was going to move to a nicer property, after that night, to spend over the NYE period. Can I leave my SHA property during the 'quarantine' period?

Leisure traveling during Covid is not for the faint-hearted.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alanslegal
So got my TP approved, arriving at HKT with 1 night of SHA+ accommodation. What do I need to do now?

If I need to quarantine do I need to stay at the same SHA+ hotel because the 1-night booking was just a random 4* hotel to meet the TP requirements, and was going to move to a nicer property, after that night, to spend over the NYE period. Can I leave my SHA property during the 'quarantine' period?

Leisure traveling during Covid is not for the faint-hearted.
it depends, when you arrive
until 10. Jan, test & go is still ongoing (for those already approved) but with a second PCR test
after that, sandbox applies
Abyssin likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 6:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
I guess this was inevitable once it became clear how transmissible the omicron variant is, and Thailand had a few cases.

Sitting here in the UK, if it does sweep through the country as predicted, I'm pretty sure, that even being reasonably careful, if there is no government intervention before Christmas, I and most other people here will have encountered this new variant by the middle to end of January. After that, in theory, the virus won't have many places to go, and should start to fizzle out. If the UK government acts early they might flatten the peak of infections, but at the moment they seem incapable of action and are now running a world-class vacillation campaign.

I'm not up for a 10 or 14 day hotel quarantine, so will probably have to cancel my trip in February (thankfully, booked with QR) but won't do that until much closer to the event. Who knows ...
HarbourGent and Sparkyfletch like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.