the end of quarantine free entry?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the end of quarantine free entry?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: Thai Airways
The CCSA today approved the resumption of TEST & GO entry scheme, the reopening of Pattaya and Ko Chang Sandbox destinations, and the reintroduction of the Sandbox Extension programme effective from 1 February https://tatnews.org/2022/01/thailand-resumes-test-go-scheme-reopens-pattaya-and-ko-chang-sandbox-from-1-february-2022#Thailand#ThaiTravelNews
Old Jan 20, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by maerim
The CCSA today approved the resumption of TEST & GO entry scheme, the reopening of Pattaya and Ko Chang Sandbox destinations, and the reintroduction of the Sandbox Extension programme effective from 1 February https://tatnews.org/2022/01/thailand-resumes-test-go-scheme-reopens-pattaya-and-ko-chang-sandbox-from-1-february-2022#Thailand#ThaiTravelNews
Does that also include Bangkok?
Old Jan 20, 2022, 7:05 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Originally Posted by BinSabai
there is no mentioning of a second night in a SHA++ hotel, just a second prebooked PCR test
and for insurance they would probably like that insurance also covers asymptomatic stays in hospitals or hospitels... that's probably only possible with buying a local insurance

guess this will take another couple of days until all the details are settled
What do we suspect would be the process if wishing to visit Thailand for less than 5 days?

Are you still forced to book the Day 5 tests and hotel but just no-show? Or do all visits under Test to Go now have to be over 5 days in length?

Wouldn't want any lack of submitting PCR results jeopardise future visits into the country!
Old Jan 20, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
there is no mentioning of a second night in a SHA++ hotel, just a second prebooked PCR test
and for insurance they would probably like that insurance also covers asymptomatic stays in hospitals or hospitels... that's probably only possible with buying a local insurance

guess this will take another couple of days until all the details are settled
"The resumption of the programme will be slightly stricter than before as it would require the arrivals to undertake 2 RT-PCR COVID-19 tests within the first week, instead of one, on the first and fifth days. The tests and the certified (SHA++ AQ or AHQ) accommodations for the first and fifth days have to be pre-booked. Their insurance coverage will have to be at least US$50,000, except for people whose health insurances are covered by their employers or fall under Thailand’s subsidised healthcare system."

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailan...gram-on-feb-1/
Old Jan 20, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
I dont mind taking the additional test but the hotel requirement on the 5th day makes it a real pain in the arse.
Always Flyin likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
"The resumption of the programme will be slightly stricter than before as it would require the arrivals to undertake 2 RT-PCR COVID-19 tests within the first week, instead of one, on the first and fifth days. The tests and the certified (SHA++ AQ or AHQ) accommodations for the first and fifth days have to be pre-booked. Their insurance coverage will have to be at least US$50,000, except for people whose health insurances are covered by their employers or fall under Thailand’s subsidised healthcare system."

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailan...gram-on-feb-1/
details were several times amended and more specified during the day...
but not sure whether this is the final solution...
Old Jan 20, 2022, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mcgahat
I dont mind taking the additional test but the hotel requirement on the 5th day makes it a real pain in the arse.
yeah...the question for me is whether not to stay at the same hotel for the days 2-4 (and of course let my wife come and spend the day outside the hotel...)
much better than AQ anyway
Old Jan 20, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: free agent
Way new test & go works, probably make sense for me to book same hotel in Bangkok for 5 nights then going somewhere in Thailand but probably have to be very cautious till 2nd test…. Heard their PCR tests are pretty sensitive (I think I got Covid few weeks back but not 100% sure)

I hope they will let tourists stay in room if they are + without any symptoms. It’s ridiculous at this point to send asymptomatic patients to hospitals and consume their resources when others might need it more. I haven’t see SHA’s BKK list but I assume it’s filled with plenty of hyatt or Hilton choices?
Old Jan 20, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
yeah...the question for me is whether not to stay at the same hotel for the days 2-4 (and of course let my wife come and spend the day outside the hotel...)
much better than AQ anyway
That is pretty much where I am at. Since the day 1 and day 5 stays have to be prepaid it makes it dicey and messy with regards to booking hotel stays. I am assuming the day 5 booking would need to be a separate reservation. So, in theory for a 6 day stay you could have 3 reservations. Ugh.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 10:54 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
So you could fly into BKK and then after the first 24 hours, you can fly to another sandbox and then get tested on Day 5 and just keep moving within the sandbox including BKK or just stay in BKK too?
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:37 am

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
I love Thailand but these rules are insane. No self-respecting person should give tourism money to countries that treat visitors like this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Davvidd
So you could fly into BKK and then after the first 24 hours, you can fly to another sandbox and then get tested on Day 5 and just keep moving within the sandbox including BKK or just stay in BKK too?
with test & go you can travel anywhere in Thailand (not just the sandboxes) after the first negative test....you just need to check into a SHA++ hotel with PCR test on day 5
Davvidd likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 3:19 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
These revised sandbox rules are just plain weird, sorry to say - so if we travel out to wherever is ‘open’, on return we have to stay one night in a hotel then can go home but have to check in to a hotel again on day five…. Couldn’t make it up, really..
js1993 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 4:59 am

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by js1993
I love Thailand but these rules are insane. No self-respecting person should give tourism money to countries that treat visitors like this.
I’m with you. It seems like other way to extract easy money from foreigners especially they force you to prebook hotel for both days. I hope more countries will move on with Covid and force Thailand to drop those ridiculous Day 5 “psuedo-quarantine facility” aka hotel with hospital connection (I’m worried about the risk of them view this as money making scheme by making tests trigger happy and force visitors into wasteful 10 days hospital stay”. I’ll wait till they come with rational approach to welcome tourists such as pre-flight negative test and proof of vaccination (could be QR code approach like Singapore to deter fake vaccine cards issue)
Old Jan 21, 2022, 12:52 pm

I never understood the day 5 test. This indicates they don't have confidence in their PCR testing. So why not do it twice and compare.
Why not day 3?
All this applies to vaccinated folks. weird approach.
The other angle is extract some money like washeelrs747 mentioned.
js1993 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.