Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the end of quarantine free entry?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2022, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
well! here is the FB post of Barrow....
the last sentence is "CLARIFICATION: 69 out of 872 people coming from the USA tested positive on arrival - which is 7.91%"
69 positive out of total 872 would be an infection rate of 7.91%....

No doubt, I would be glad if your figures were correct, as 7-8% infection rate would be quite a shock...

I will try to find some other source if Barrow is so confusing...

Based on Richard way of calculation, then the numbers representation will be: out of 1,000 arrivals from UK, 74 people tested positive.

These figure will be kind of alarming judging from the fact that these people were tested negative before they are allowed to board the flight to Thailand.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 3:10 pm
formerly JackDann

I’ve re-routed to HKT, premature ahead of the announcement. Time will tell whether it was the right thing to do. HKT and being able to do Sandbox seems the more secure option than Test and Go right now I think that pretty widely in agreement.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by JackDann
I’ve re-routed to HKT, premature ahead of the announcement. Time will tell whether it was the right thing to do. HKT and being able to do Sandbox seems the more secure option than Test and Go right now I think that pretty widely in agreement.
Approval of "sandbox" is not a given either. So far a day since submitted - nothing.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
2 other tourists (this time from India) who tested positive were searched for; they could be found in the meanwhile
Missing, infected Indian tourists found (bangkokpost.com)
such stories will not favor a fast return of test & go or continuation of Sandbox scheme...
Old Jan 5, 2022, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Guyin
Based on Richard way of calculation, then the numbers representation will be: out of 1,000 arrivals from UK, 74 people tested positive.

These figure will be kind of alarming judging from the fact that these people were tested negative before they are allowed to board the flight to Thailand.
It really is crazy in the US right now. Unbelievable rates and number of positives. Going to be a rough 3-4 weeks coming up here.

I am planning next trip in March and have booked the flight to HKT as well. Seems a better bet to be allowed some level of freedom (sandbox) during an isolation period before being allowed onward travel...though nothing is for certain anymore.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 4:07 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tr3k
Approval of "sandbox" is not a given either. So far a day since submitted - nothing.
Well, Thailand Pass was always advertised to be granted within seven business days, and with the suspension of test & go and the current uncertainty, I think it is a bit harsh to say "not a given" based on one day. Even back in early December, people waited for several days. I would not be surprised if the AI-driven approval process has been either suspended or limited as a precaution, putting pressure on manual approvals.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 4:28 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Well, Thailand Pass was always advertised to be granted within seven business days, and with the suspension of test & go and the current uncertainty, I think it is a bit harsh to say "not a given" based on one day. Even back in early December, people waited for several days. I would not be surprised if the AI-driven approval process has been either suspended or limited as a precaution, putting pressure on manual approvals.
I tried to submit for a pass earlier for one of our group and got an API Error.

I do believe that the AI Aspect does not appear to be functional at present, as i'm not aware of anyone that has had a quick approval recently.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
With a flight date in 1 week(booked based on the previously approved tp) - approval is "not a given" in the time available.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Guyin

another post of Richard Barrow today about infection rates of arrivals during recent days, which leaves no doubt anymore! really shocking...no chance to continue test & go for the time being....

The infection rate of travelers entering Thailand by air between 1-4 January 2022:
UK 5.92%
USA 5.30%
Germany 2.85%
Sweden 2.33%
France 2.17%
Out of a total of 32,627 arrivals, 605 people or 1.85% tested positive.
Guyin likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 5:49 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by BinSabai
another post of Richard Barrow today about infection rates of arrivals during recent days, which leaves no doubt anymore! really shocking...no chance to continue test & go for the time being....

The infection rate of travelers entering Thailand by air between 1-4 January 2022:
UK 5.92%
USA 5.30%
Germany 2.85%
Sweden 2.33%
France 2.17%
Out of a total of 32,627 arrivals, 605 people or 1.85% tested positive.
Really struggling to understand how this is possible. That is more than 1 out of every 25 Passengers from UK travelling to Thailand testing negative before departure, then positive on arrival. You should at least be entitled to re-testing if Asymptomatic. I wonder whether there is a higher chance of arrivals into a certain location testing positive than others (Sensitivity levels different?) .
restlessinRNO and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 8:20 am

Here is something new on the TP website:
URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT !

Starting 4 January 2022

Please be advised to avoid making hotel reservations through Booking.com as they do not fully comply with Thailand’s entry regulations and may result in delayed consideration
Of course I did use booking.com (for the first 2 approved tp, and for the latest submission). I guess time to rebook and resubmit again...

Edit: forget it. Canceling the trip, not worth the hassle.

Last edited by tr3k; Jan 5, 2022 at 8:31 am
Old Jan 5, 2022, 8:36 am
formerly JackDann

Here is something new on the TP website:

Of course I did use booking.com (for the first 2 approved tp, and for the latest submission). I guess time to rebook and resubmit again...

Edit: forget it. Canceling the trip, not worth the hassle.
I think I used Booking.com too ... i'm going to wait until Friday and see what they come out and say. I cannot blame you for cancelling, This is costing me an absolute fortune now, but I really need to get away. Even if I had to quarantine in a hotel room for the first 7 days in Phuket I would rather do that than stay in Northern Ireland.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 8:42 am

I think I used Booking.com too ... i'm going to wait until Friday and see what they come out and say. I cannot blame you for cancelling, This is costing me an absolute fortune now, but I really need to get away. Even if I had to quarantine in a hotel room for the first 7 days in Phuket I would rather do that than stay in Northern Ireland.
The only reason I am putting any effort into this is that my spouse haven't seen her family in 3 years (and she got time off work scheduled months in advance - she's a nurse, they don't really get off work easily).

Will also wait for Friday to see if somehow the existing tp will work. Otherwise - will just redirect this into a ski vacation somewhere and eat the losses.
Guyin, LETTERBOY, BinSabai and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:38 am
formerly JackDann

The only reason I am putting any effort into this is that my spouse haven't seen her family in 3 years (and she got time off work scheduled months in advance - she's a nurse, they don't really get off work easily).

Will also wait for Friday to see if somehow the existing tp will work. Otherwise - will just redirect this into a ski vacation somewhere and eat the losses.
Very similar boat to you - I have a family member there who was unfortunately Diagnosed with Cancer 2 years ago, we visit him usually every year but have been unable to due to the pandemic. All 4 of us booked this time off far in advance (Also work in healthcare) - so we are kind of determined to go through with the trip in any way possible.
Guyin, LETTERBOY, BinSabai and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 2:26 pm
formerly JackDann

My Dad is due to fly on EY78 on the 14th. Unfortunately that flight has been delayed alot recently and he may miss his connection to HKT. If he misses his connection he will not arrive into Thailand until the 16th.

If the cut off date is indeed the 15th does anyone know what will happen if he misses his connection? I may also ask in the EY forum to see what they would do in this situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.