Recent BKK Immigration wait times

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recent BKK Immigration wait times

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2024, 8:10 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
arrival this morning....fast track took longer than normal immigration, where there was no queue at all....
Old May 3, 2024, 4:26 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
It has been that end of last year there has been enormous queues both at arrival and departure immigrations a few times. Usually it is the departure that takes longer than arrivals and I have faced occasions when they had to stop the security screening because the queue had come up to the escalators. I am going to fly in end of the week so can update here then. Sometimes, the staff do not know where to send the passengers and they all send all the foreigners to the foreigners counters instead of sending the priority passengers to the priority counters. I have clarified and yes business class passenger have the right to go to the priority counters.
Old May 3, 2024, 9:29 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
Originally Posted by Davvidd
It has been that end of last year there has been enormous queues both at arrival and departure immigrations a few times. Usually it is the departure that takes longer than arrivals and I have faced occasions when they had to stop the security screening because the queue had come up to the escalators. I am going to fly in end of the week so can update here then. Sometimes, the staff do not know where to send the passengers and they all send all the foreigners to the foreigners counters instead of sending the priority passengers to the priority counters. I have clarified and yes business class passenger have the right to go to the priority counters.
As PR I always use the lanes for Thai Nationals on arrival and in any case I never travel in EC. My observations are that there are more Immigration staff assisting passengers than previously and they are being helpful and proactive, for example if there is long queue in the priority lanes to the right of the lanes for Thai Nationals which have no or little queue then passengers will be redirected.
BinSabai likes this.
Old May 4, 2024, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by maerim
As PR I always use the lanes for Thai Nationals on arrival and in any case I never travel in EC. My observations are that there are more Immigration staff assisting passengers than previously and they are being helpful and proactive, for example if there is long queue in the priority lanes to the right of the lanes for Thai Nationals which have no or little queue then passengers will be redirected.
Yes after the PM visited BKK a few times things have improved. I think even the Minister of Transport has gone there to inspect. yes these could be photo ops but at the lower end the staff and their bosses do not want to be caught and lose face so they are trying to work it better. Local social media plays a very important role and this is what is probably getting a lot of politicians on their toes.
On a different note with the expected dissolution of the MFP, there would be by-elections and if the Pheu `Thai wins a majority then I expect there would be a huge change in the cabinet and many of these other parties would be out of the cabinet. Now that would be interesting as it would change the way the aviation industry and the immigration is run.
Old May 4, 2024, 7:36 pm

Yes after the PM visited BKK a few times things have improved. I think even the Minister of Transport has gone there to inspect. yes these could be photo ops but at the lower end the staff and their bosses do not want to be caught and lose face so they are trying to work it better. Local social media plays a very important role and this is what is probably getting a lot of politicians on their toes.
On a different note with the expected dissolution of the MFP, there would be by-elections and if the Pheu `Thai wins a majority then I expect there would be a huge change in the cabinet and many of these other parties would be out of the cabinet. Now that would be interesting as it would change the way the aviation industry and the immigration is run.
and in which way would this changes be?
Old May 4, 2024, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai
and in which way would this changes be?
I know that there is a lot of conflict too between various politicians of various parties in the government. You would know it too. Some of it is idiotic.
Old May 5, 2024, 1:51 am

I know that there is a lot of conflict too between various politicians of various parties in the government. You would know it too. Some of it is idiotic.
sure there are
however I do not think that any reshuffles will result in big changes at the airport or in aviation nor do I think, that Phuea Thai will get a significant majority! It has never been good for the country when one party had the majority! it just increases corruption, nepotism, inefficiencies and questionable policies...
SKT-DK likes this.
Old May 5, 2024, 3:51 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Sunday afternoon departures - probably a 5 minute wait - normal, not fast track, used eGates (US passport)
Old May 5, 2024, 4:30 pm

sure there are
however I do not think that any reshuffles will result in big changes at the airport or in aviation nor do I think, that Phuea Thai will get a significant majority! It has never been good for the country when one party had the majority! it just increases corruption, nepotism, inefficiencies and questionable policies...
That I agree with you but right now it is an issue with the coalition partners and also their own guys who lost their cabinet posts. They need a more dynamic Transport Minister.
Old May 5, 2024, 8:12 pm

That I agree with you but right now it is an issue with the coalition partners and also their own guys who lost their cabinet posts. They need a more dynamic Transport Minister.
the current transport minister is NOT from one of the coalition partners, but from Phuea Thai itself. He is one of the typical opportunistic Thai politician, who changes sides often and supports any party leader, who serves his own interests best... he is actually the uncle of the muted party leader of the large opposition party, who claim to be the only democratic party in Thailand and who won the largest share of votes, but was sidelined...
the Transport Ministry in Thailand is traditionally a ministry to reward important, influential and seasoned politiicians....guess why!
Old May 6, 2024, 11:23 am

the current transport minister is NOT from one of the coalition partners, but from Phuea Thai itself. He is one of the typical opportunistic Thai politician, who changes sides often and supports any party leader, who serves his own interests best... he is actually the uncle of the muted party leader of the large opposition party, who claim to be the only democratic party in Thailand and who won the largest share of votes, but was sidelined...
the Transport Ministry in Thailand is traditionally a ministry to reward important, influential and seasoned politiicians....guess why!
I KNOW that and it is not the Minister but there are a few deputy Ministers from the coalition who is fighting for the turf. Various Organizations under the MOT are under these Deputies. Yes no wonder the construction business is one of the most lucrative in Thailand.
Old May 10, 2024, 3:09 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Classic one this afternoon when arriving on MH J. Went to the (deserted) fast track in the middle where one officer guarding the door was busy with someone else, so I just did my usual speed-walking past. He yelled at me stop, I said "business class" - to which he said "business class next door"... Then I said "BOI visa", and he wanted to see my passport and then let me go through - so much for consistency!
BinSabai likes this.
Old May 10, 2024, 10:56 am

Two days ago it was quick. the people who get help up are people with some sort of papers and they go thru it. Normal arrival I see them do the finger prints and quick stamp and off they go.
Old May 10, 2024, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Classic one this afternoon when arriving on MH J. Went to the (deserted) fast track in the middle where one officer guarding the door was busy with someone else, so I just did my usual speed-walking past. He yelled at me stop, I said "business class" - to which he said "business class next door"... Then I said "BOI visa", and he wanted to see my passport and then let me go through - so much for consistency!
you just did not walk fast enough...
SKT-DK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.