Wiki Posts
Search

cost of ais data only from ais vs mbk or other sellers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2020, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
cost of ais data only from ais vs mbk or other sellers

I bought the AIS data plan 1 G for 199 baht (actually 229 with taxes) for 30 days. Then I priced plans at MBK and other secondary sellers and they are selling 32 gigs for 30 days for 400 baht. So my question is are these sim card legit? Many places are selling them but I don't understand how it can be so much cheaper than buying from AIS directly.
Any insight?
Old Jan 4, 2020, 6:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
I purchased an AIS SIM card two months ago....100 thb per month for 32GB of data. Talk and text is extra (and expensive for international calls/texts....for local calls/texts, cheap.)

Purchased directly from AIS at the AIS kiosk at Kad Suan Kaew shopping mall in Chiang Mai.

Edit: Works great, speed is not a problem for me. No throttling until/unless you exceed the 32GB limit.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At any given moment AIS (or TrueMove or DTAC) have a couple hundred direct promotions: one time or repeating; 1d/7d/30d/1Y; uncapped volume, limited speed, capped volume, unlimited speed...blah, blag, blah.

Some promotions (today) apply to new SIMs, and/or to old SIMs activated before 31 Jan 2020.

In addition to DIRECT promotions, all providers flood the channel with indirect promotions. For the most part these involve a newly activated SIM. Indirect promotions are aggressively marketed (free to the channel), typically meant to entice a customer to bundle it with a new phone purchase, but so many are issued these leak into the primary market. Even highly discounted subscription codes can be purchased.

It all depends what you have and what you need. You can pretty much get anything you want or need.

Your 1 GB plan is probably unlimited speed (so up to ~ 100 Mbps) up to 1 GB then 64 or 128 Kbps after until the plan renews.

A lot of the promotional 32 GB plans will be both capped volume (after which you pay) and speed capped at 512Kbps/1 Mbps/4 Mbps/6 Mbps.

You can even find 12-month plans: I put a 12 month/unlimited volume/4 Mbps plan on an AIS SIM for 1,890 (all in) for visitors SIM.

ProsermThaisim - ???????? AIS ????????? ??????? AIS

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=...17472d80HenvM1

Last edited by transpac; Jan 5, 2020 at 5:17 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.