Wiki Posts
Search

Transiting BKK

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM
Transiting BKK

Hello, I am thinking about flying KMG-SIN this summer. The best way to get there seems to be to go through BKK on TG. My question is this.....will I have to go through immigration if I just transit the BKK airport? Does anyone know how transiting through BKK works? Thank you!
Old Feb 3, 2019, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One single ticket, KMG-BKK-SIN?

Any checked bags?

Both flights on TG metal?

How long is the connection?

Generally speaking, you should be able to check your bags through to SIN, and utilize the mid-field int'l-int'l connection, BP check, up one level, clear security, go to lounge/gate.

The exact details of your itinerary might yield different situations, e.g. no BP issued in KMG for BKK-SIN, so you'd have to queue at the connection counter.
jaimemayo likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:52 am

The nonstops are worse?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
If it is a same ticket and also if both flights are on the same alliance you can check your bags through to your final destination. So you only have to get your onward boarding card from the transfer counter at airside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.